The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 10, 2012, 06:23:31 am

Title: North to Minnesota
Post by: pmcd9 on January 10, 2012, 06:23:31 am
Wed. morning I am leaving for a trip to Minnesota (http://www.artcarnation.com/pages/newsPerm.php?newsID=322).  I'll be back home late the following Wed.  My laptop took two shits and died last week and I don't carry a smart phone so I am going to be off the grid for the entire trip.  I may be able to borrow a computer when we get settled in Minnesota, but it'll be spotty if at all.

Y'all have fun while I'm away and play nice.
Title: Re: North to Minnesota
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 10, 2012, 01:23:06 pm
paul. as soon as you walk out the door, im going to run into your bedroom and jump on your bed.
Title: Re: North to Minnesota
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 10, 2012, 02:35:15 pm
Be sure to stop by this joint for breakfast:  http://www.frenchmeadowcafe.com/
Title: Re: North to Minnesota
Post by: side_show on January 10, 2012, 05:26:57 pm
Paul, so close and yet so far away!  Sigh.
Title: Re: North to Minnesota
Post by: Doc on January 11, 2012, 02:51:28 am
My cousin is maybe moving to Minnesota this year for work. Is it a cool place? Should I go sleep on his couch?
Title: Re: North to Minnesota
Post by: Nabubrush on January 11, 2012, 03:22:16 am
Good luck, Paulie!
Title: Re: North to Minnesota
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 11, 2012, 02:31:34 pm
I haven't been there in a long time, but about 12 years ago I went to Minneapolis with some frequency and found it to be a cool town. Good restaurants, good bars, a fair amount of art and cultural stuff.

It's also fuck*ng cold in the winter, though, so go in the summer if you can.
Title: Re: North to Minnesota
Post by: pmcd9 on January 18, 2012, 03:37:48 pm
I'm home!
Title: Re: North to Minnesota
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 18, 2012, 04:09:24 pm
Trip report please!
Title: Re: North to Minnesota
Post by: pmcd9 on January 18, 2012, 04:47:00 pm
Trip report please!

It was awesome.  I am still processing the trip in my mind.  Will get back to you on that soon.
Title: Re: North to Minnesota
Post by: Nabubrush on January 19, 2012, 09:02:36 pm
It was awesome.  I am still processing the trip in my mind.  Will get back to you on that soon.

Oh man, I remember those days.
Title: Re: North to Minnesota
Post by: pmcd9 on January 19, 2012, 10:30:49 pm
I've written about it for Artcar Nation (http://www.artcarnation.com/pages/newsPerm.php?newsID=326), but I didn't go in depth.

I've got a story from the trip that won't make any story that I'll share with you guys only, a little later.