The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Jaded Tersk on January 15, 2012, 01:06:30 pm
-
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/01/09/achewood-return-chris-onstad-interview/
The Man wants to go "uncanny".
-
For a genius he sure can be a whiny little bitch, can't he?
-
Oh man, I am Ambivalence Personified. On the one hand it is great he can make a living from the tip jar, I am encouraged about the entire future of, like, culture. On the other hand, nooooo! I want t-shirts!
-
For a genius he sure can be a whiny little bitch, can't he?
Well, sure, but why shouldn't he be? A genius's job is to do art, it's not to be a nice person.
-
For a genius he sure can be a whiny little bitch, can't he?
Dude, you can't just declare yourself a genius.
-
I just noticed the comments on that interview complaining about the cookbooks he took money for and never shipped. And I realized that the thing that bothers me the most is not "whining," it's not not doing a comic for months, and it's not even taking money for nonexistent cookbooks. It's that he still has a mailing address posted on the site that is defunct, and also stuff promoting and linking to the nonexistent Assetbar. That shit drives me crazy. I mean, dude, update your damn website.
We all draw the line in different places apparently.
-
The whole article, as well as the comments, and what wombat points out about the site itself, is that Onstad has poor boundaries when it comes to his relationship with his readers. It's up to no one but himself to establish and maintain a comfortable distance from his readers. I had hoped maybe the hiatus would mean he's established a healthier relationship with himself and how he deals with the world he's made for himself, but he's still gnawing the same bone. I still hope this dude one day finds his peace.
-
The good thing about internet publishing is that everybody can be their own publisher.
The bad thing about internet publishing is that everybody can be their own publisher.
-
is my isp fucked up or something because for someone who is "back" i certainly have not seen very much content
god damnit the complaining has overtaken the content. i mean unless you're content with being The Dude everyone has stress. now make with the fuck*ng jokes before i kick a child's ribcage in GOD DAMNIT
-
is my isp fucked up or something because for someone who is "back" i certainly have not seen very much content.
I think it's his SOPA protest.
-
I didn't read this when it came out, but was this:
I don't see why you bothered coming back. You're just trying to be as cool as you used to be, and it's not working. Why do you hate your readers?
one of us? Because that's fun.