The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on January 21, 2012, 02:03:42 am

Title: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: wombat on January 21, 2012, 02:03:42 am
http://www.vice.com/read/achewood-is-back-2 (http://www.vice.com/read/achewood-is-back-2)
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: pmcd9 on January 21, 2012, 05:18:14 am
Pointless, but fun.  And much less whiny than the other one.
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: side_show on January 21, 2012, 09:56:26 pm
Quote
For a regular person to have the speculum of public entitlement visit every word that falls from their lips is not a fate I would wish upon anyone but the most hidebound parking control officer.

The use of the "speculum" in this context bothers me.  I find myself questioning if he's been misquoted, or misspoke here.  
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: Nabubrush on January 22, 2012, 04:39:30 am
He's always had an issue with that. I sort of hoped he was going to quit for good since he's got such a huge problem having a public.
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 22, 2012, 04:57:29 am
It is kind of hopeful to me, though, that a guy gettin' write-ups in TIME and going on national tours as a writer seems like he's unraveling mentally too.

Failure is not the thing driving me fuck*ng nuts. It's good to know this.

It looks really weird to read it but, like, seriously. It is good to know that success can drive a man bonkers just as well as not having figured out how to make a living creatively does.
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: wombat on January 22, 2012, 02:09:14 pm
On the one hand, it seem obvious from observation that creative success does not solve all a person's problems just the way money does not solve all a person's problems. On the other hand, I would sure like to be successful enough to test that hypothesis.
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: Nabubrush on January 22, 2012, 03:40:19 pm
Mo' success, mo' problems.
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: pmcd9 on January 22, 2012, 06:15:52 pm
You know, I've never had a problem with money.  There have been times in my life when I had more money than I needed and it didn't cause me to start spending foolishly.  I consider myself fortunate in that regard.
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: Nabubrush on January 25, 2012, 03:16:48 am
Obligatory Freak Brothers reference (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dirFpZ4W828/TtvsYULizAI/AAAAAAAAEQk/nSnnf4JhRUQ/s400/frank01.gif).
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: robot_god on January 26, 2012, 10:22:46 am
if this fuck*ng guy comes out with another interview before another strip comes out

i seriously will hunt him down and kick his fuck*ng junk inside out

i mean is this guy even fuck*ng serious FUCK
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: AugustWest on January 26, 2012, 02:24:26 pm
Obligatory Freak Brothers reference (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dirFpZ4W828/TtvsYULizAI/AAAAAAAAEQk/nSnnf4JhRUQ/s400/frank01.gif).

Can for the old school comix reference.
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: pmcd9 on January 26, 2012, 04:43:09 pm
***** God is On It!
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: jay-ell on January 26, 2012, 04:48:27 pm
I dunno, he totally sounded like he was on crack or something. Did he used to be more or less coherent, or am I misremembering?

I suspect that he hates being interviewed, that this one was conducted via e-mail, and he took the opportunity to dash it off three sheets to the wind as a big "fuck you" to his "public."
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: lprkn on January 27, 2012, 10:22:49 am
I dreamt there was a new Achewood last night. It was animated, and beautiful. I was like, "If it takes him so long because he's doing something like this, that's okay."

Naturally, I do not remember what the strip was about.
Title: Re: Another interview with the Prodigal Onstad
Post by: Nabubrush on January 28, 2012, 12:50:33 am
I want to say that happened to inev before. Somebody discussed it here, anyway.