The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on February 06, 2012, 04:48:32 pm

Title: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: pmcd9 on February 06, 2012, 04:48:32 pm
Now go blow dry your hair so you look really good when you are eating nachos later.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: side_show on February 06, 2012, 04:53:37 pm
Hey - Paul and I made a thread at the exact same time!  I deleted mine.  The title was JL 33 A.O.K, which I thought was stupid, but I couldn't think of anything good for a subject line.  Good on Paul for keeping it simple.

Happy Birthday to the den mother! 

You are just slightly younger than me, but so much farther ahead on the family situation that I feel like you are a grown up and I am still a knuckle head.  Anyway, I hope you feel as much a grown up or knuckle head as you wish to on this fine day.

Cheers to you!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2012, 05:04:00 pm
Thanks, guys. I have already blow-dried and flat-ironed my hair, and I just finished painting my fingernails bright blue. It's been a "me" morning. Next I'm heading over to my MIL's for a birthday luncheon she's throwing, but it should be bearable because my mom and my BFF will both be there.

I don't like a big fuss on my bday, a nice card will do, so I told Pedro to let the kids "plan" my bday festivities because I thought they would have fun with it. Apparently, my birthday dinner is going to be at Chick-Fil-A -- not the one with the yellow slide that's close to our house, but the coveted blue slide store near Pedro's office. Fancy!

Also, as you may have seen on Facebook, I have decided that I am empirically hotter at 33 than I was at 23. I weigh 10 lbs less, my boobs are a full cup size bigger, and I have long sexy hair and better skin. I don't think there can be any argument about this. If I had time, I would find photos to prove it.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: pmcd9 on February 06, 2012, 05:25:05 pm
You best find the time lady.  You can't be saying shit like that and not proving it.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: CortJstr on February 06, 2012, 05:35:39 pm
You should've insisted on noodles from that one place in DC for your birthday.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 06, 2012, 05:45:08 pm
happy birthday to the baddest bitch!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: jaydub on February 06, 2012, 06:05:21 pm
Birthday pics in the birthday suit is what I'm thinking.  Happy Delivery Day to your mom!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: Nabubrush on February 06, 2012, 06:07:28 pm
Rock for not having to celebrate on the Superb Owl's day as well. You're the awesomest, JL!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: AugustWest on February 06, 2012, 06:24:29 pm
Heyo!  Have a very happy birthday JL.

Here's to the beginning of another year of you being rad.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 06, 2012, 07:45:20 pm
You should've insisted on noodles from that one place in DC for your birthday.

Concur. Cheap-Ass Noodle House FTW.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: wombat on February 06, 2012, 08:36:38 pm
Also, as you may have seen on Facebook, I have decided that I am empirically hotter at 33 than I was at 23.

Of course you are. Would you expect us to believe that you are getting worse instead of getting better every day?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2012, 09:25:55 pm
You best find the time lady.  You can't be saying shit like that and not proving it.

Submitted for evidence:

Exhibit A, wedding rehearsal dinner, Nov. 16, 2001:

(http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc497/jldunston/3c9e3c9d.jpg)

Exhibit B, iPhone picture taken in bathroom mirror, Feb. 6, 2011:

(http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc497/jldunston/7e85bdee.jpg)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2012, 09:27:15 pm
You should've insisted on noodles from that one place in DC for your birthday.

I really should have. Maybe next year.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: jay-ell on February 06, 2012, 09:32:32 pm
Rock for not having to celebrate on the Superb Owl's day as well. You're the awesomest, JL!

I know this is not a popular opinion here, but my birthday falling between the Super Bowl and Valentine's Day every dang year has given me the same seething resentment for both events that is usually only matched by people whose birthdays fall too close to Christmas. Thankfully, my kids' birthdays are both near day-off holidays (President's Day and MLK Day) that make it easier to plan family events, not harder.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: side_show on February 06, 2012, 10:06:57 pm
Let's face it - no one is hot when they are holding a teddy bear.  The first picture is a little more candid (not so intentionally posed) looking and the second one you look like you are rocking your inner sassy on pretty well.  I am glad you feel more in touch with your inner hotness.  I'd say you look like the cooler, more confident sister of the girl with the teddy bear now.  That is a good thing.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 06, 2012, 10:22:56 pm
Happy biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiirthday.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: Nabubrush on February 06, 2012, 11:27:45 pm
A) I'm with you - you get screwed on the birthday thing. That's why I mentioned it.

B) You are looking grelicious in each one of those pictures, if I may say so. However, I really like the ladies, so I may not be impartial.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: theinevitable on February 07, 2012, 01:03:28 am
I'm glad that when I'm 33 I can still go to the Chik Fil A with the blue slide for my birthday.
Happy birthday.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: pmcd9 on February 07, 2012, 01:36:18 am
Submitted for evidence:

Hmm, cherub face vs. Hot Mom! Ask me again in 10 years.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: jay-ell on February 07, 2012, 01:38:45 am
Present roundup: a gift certificate for a massage, two beads for my Pandora bracelet, a copy of Ticket to Ride (the board game) and a SodaStream. Especially impressive considering that I was expecting nothing except possibly a salad spinner from my Mom.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: pmcd9 on February 07, 2012, 01:40:37 am
I thought a salad spinner might be a new fangled sex toy, but I see it's from your mom.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: jay-ell on February 07, 2012, 02:08:28 am
Oh! Also, I'm going to see Jonathan Coulton opening for They Might Be Giants a week from Wednesday, and Pedro is cooking dinner every night for the rest of the week.

Yeah, turning 33 rocks.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: theinevitable on February 07, 2012, 04:21:32 am
Oh man do I want ticket to ride. But these days I don't even play the games I already own. My current roommates are lame.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: Doc on February 07, 2012, 08:01:55 am
Happy extra late birthday JL. Ticket to ride is awesome, as are blue slides.

And I've ways been the type to want to bang the cool older sister.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: miles on February 07, 2012, 02:47:33 pm
Dang, late to the party again. Well, happy birthday!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: CortJstr on February 07, 2012, 03:53:46 pm
My ladyfriend has been using TtR on her phone as her go-to time killer. I still prefer TtR: Europe in real life.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday to our Den Mother
Post by: lprkn on February 09, 2012, 11:06:43 am
Happy b-day, Ms JL!