The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Gimpson on January 08, 2004, 01:24:56 pm

Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: Gimpson on January 08, 2004, 01:24:56 pm
Fake personals for Ray this time?  All he's going to get is spam (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09202002).
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on January 08, 2004, 01:47:37 pm
I'd never seen Yahoo's personals before. They seem way less "hip" than the Salon/Onion/etc ones. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing.

And I hate wine but I did learn from Men's Health that terms like pink and rose are code words for "bad"
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 08, 2004, 02:29:38 pm
Die, go to Hell, come back, and your prize is a prank Yahoo personal!

Teodor and Mr. Bear seem to have taken the whole Ray and Beef death/resurrection thing in stride.
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: jay-ell on January 08, 2004, 04:07:12 pm
Did anyone else check?  

I couoldn't find a Yahoo personal for rsmuckles.  But I bet there will be one by the end of the day.
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on January 08, 2004, 04:26:23 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Die, go to Hell, come back, and your prize is a prank Yahoo personal!

Teodor and Mr. Bear seem to have taken the whole Ray and Beef death/resurrection thing in stride.


It looks like the whole thing took place overnight so they might not have even realized they had died. My question is now that Ray died and fulfilled his part of the contract does he still have his supa-natural madd skillz?
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: Limmo on January 08, 2004, 04:39:04 pm
The "personal headline" made me spit coffee on my keyboard.  Thanks, Chris Onstad!
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: Steve Hogan on January 08, 2004, 07:03:45 pm
Pink Zinfandel goes with skank sluts like merlot goes with duck.
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: V-Adore on January 08, 2004, 07:14:32 pm
It really is quite strange going back to a minimally-drawn style after the recent strips; this one sort of visually weirded me out. There's nothing wrong with it -- I just got disused to "traditional" Achewood style.

The tagline of this one gets odder the more I think about it, although the image of Ray actually pouring pink zinfandel &c. may be contributing to that. I like the phrase "firm peepee" -- is this the halfway point between the "soft dick" of Ray's Place and your average spam's ROCK HARD DOOM BONERS?

And, of course, the alt text makes this. Know where it goes, indeed.
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: St_Zartan on January 08, 2004, 07:23:37 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
The tagline of this one gets odder the more I think about it, although the image of Ray actually pouring pink zinfandel &c. may be contributing to that.


This is the cat that spelled out his own name in cigarette smoke after he "maxed".

My favorite part of this strip, at the moment, has to be that "not afraid to break furniture" line. (A couple of hours ago, it was the arrow pointing to Ray in the jpeg.) This strip was just perfect; there's a clever little something in every single panel.
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on January 08, 2004, 07:39:15 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
The tagline of this one gets odder the more I think about it, although the image of Ray actually pouring pink zinfandel &c. may be contributing to that. I like the phrase "firm peepee" -- is this the halfway point between the "soft dick" of Ray's Place and your average spam's ROCK HARD DOOM BONERS?

And, of course, the alt text makes this. Know where it goes, indeed.


True. "Tear her apart with your firm peepee kljcmwcj" just doesn't have that spammish ring to it.

I'm also so glad that Chris actually uses title tags. Because I have yet to install an alt-text view and missing the "captions" would make me quite sad.
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: bluebird_of_unhappiness on January 08, 2004, 07:49:14 pm
This is not not the first time Ray has used Zinfandel for his brutish love-making.  Mind you this time it's pink; last time, it was white (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03012002).
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: misterhaan on January 08, 2004, 07:51:08 pm
actually there's no alt attribute anyway, and i think you mean title attribute rather than title tag, since title attribute usually shows up when you hover over something, and title tag sets what shows in the browser titlebar.
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: palm trees on January 08, 2004, 09:07:36 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
ROCK HARD DOOM BONERS?


anal cunt's favourite band
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: MSC on January 08, 2004, 10:54:50 pm
To me, the funniest is clearly the photo of Ray in the Ascot.  Obviously, this photo was taken by Teodor, who thought it was hilarious that Ray was wearing an ascot.  

And it is.
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on January 08, 2004, 11:13:18 pm
So how long before people start showing up at Ray's place to try a cheat the fee for responding? His address is right there.
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: St_Zartan on January 09, 2004, 03:54:39 am
Quote from: "jldunston"
Did anyone else check?  

I couoldn't find a Yahoo personal for rsmuckles.  But I bet there will be one by the end of the day.


As of 9:51 PM (CST) there is indeed a Yahoo! Personals account under the name "rsmuckles". But -

Quote from: "Yahoo! Personals"
We're sorry, but this personal profile cannot be viewed for one of the following reasons:
# The profile poster is editing the profile and the profile is going through the profile approval process.
# The profile was resubmitted for further review.
# The profile has reached its expiration date.
# The profile has been marked private.


I strongly suspect someone IN THIS VERY ROOM

GASP, FAINT, THUD, DOOR SLAMS, PEAL OF THUNDER
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: V-Adore on January 09, 2004, 04:54:01 am
Oh, my god, it's a conspiracy! Surely!

I somehow wouldn't be surprised if rsmuckles gets a load of responses. That is, after all, a sexy ascot, and you know how the ladies love pink zin.
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: jough on January 09, 2004, 05:08:14 am
I tried submitting one under "rsmuckles" and "rsmuckles69" but they were both taken.

So I had to go with "rsmuckles69bonebonebone" which worked.

But the Yahoo Personals people review each submitted personals profile, and they don't post for 24 hours even if they're acceptable.

So I don't expect mine to make it, especially with the photo.
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: jay-ell on January 09, 2004, 04:57:37 pm
You guys rock.  

Seriously
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: jough on January 09, 2004, 05:22:18 pm
Mine was rejected because:

1) It contained personal information about where I lived, and
2) The photo did not contain a picture of ME

Now, being a cartoon cat, I removed the "I live in Il Vista Loco in Achewood Estates" part and submitted that because I am a cartoon cat, and fake, that that photo was the best representation of me.

I'm awaiting a response back that Yahoo Personals are only for humans.

Oh, and also it would not accept ages under 18 (either for my age or the age of the person I was looking for).

WHAT IF I WERE A 35 YEAR OLD MALE LOOKING FOR A 15 YEAR OLD FEMALE?

I MEAN, WHAT IF?
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: St_Zartan on January 09, 2004, 05:29:16 pm
Quote from: "jough"
WHAT IF I WERE A 35 YEAR OLD MALE LOOKING FOR A 15 YEAR OLD FEMALE?

I MEAN, WHAT IF?


This is why they invented anime forums
Title: Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
Post by: CortJstr on January 09, 2004, 06:21:47 pm
Psh, in hentai they always change the subtitles so that they characters are in "college"

Or so I've heard (http://www.animeondvd.com).

Apparently I must link one word in all my posts today. I have no idea why.