The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: side_show on February 17, 2012, 09:45:59 pm

Title: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
Post by: side_show on February 17, 2012, 09:45:59 pm
I've been driving past this little graffiti installation for a while now, and I kept meaning to take a picture.

(http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j362/SideShowMelanie/photo1.jpg)

I was tempted to add "like there's ants in your #####" to the bottom.

Kush is one of several interesting graffiti artists in the city.  I love to see photos of Graffiti and other street art so please use this thread to share any photos you capture, and I will do the same.
Title: Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
Post by: pmcd9 on February 17, 2012, 10:25:17 pm
Did you mean to say ass in your #####?
Title: Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
Post by: side_show on February 17, 2012, 10:56:49 pm
Oh man, I have been singing a version of that song to children in order to induce giggles for so long that I have forgotten my own self censorship!
Title: Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
Post by: wombat on February 17, 2012, 11:25:53 pm
There is nothing that cool around here,  but I just found this site. Look at the buildings with tentacles coming out of them. I want some!
http://filthyluker.org/art-attacks/ (http://filthyluker.org/art-attacks/)
Title: Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 18, 2012, 05:52:21 am
How about this one? (From my FB.)

(http://i43.tinypic.com/iznle1.jpg)
Title: Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
Post by: Nabubrush on February 18, 2012, 05:56:10 am
I'm pretty pleased about the interplay of the light.

The artist was kind enough to actually print the image out and paste it up there. Unfortunately, it's been removed.
Title: Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
Post by: theinevitable on February 18, 2012, 06:39:05 am
Graffiti here is really shamefully bad, considering basically half the city is crumbling factories.

Although the other day I saw some that I thought summed up the city as a whole. Picture the scene:

To your right, the former site of Sportsman Park. Home of the Cardinals and the Browns until the 60s. Host of many World Series, now demolished.
To your left, decrepit/collapsing factory surrounded by barbed wire. On the wall of the factory is some graffiti:
STL CARDS WORLD SERIES 2011! with a big Cardinal next to it.
Title: Re: Basically, what it comes down to... (the Graffiti & Street Art thread)
Post by: CortJstr on February 18, 2012, 07:09:57 pm
About 4 years ago I was at the Arlington Arts Center and one of the exhibits was a graffitied wall. The gallery hired a guy, then hung 8x10" canvasses random on one wall. They guy came in and painted the whole wall then they sold the canvasses at like $80 each. Elsewhere in the exhibit he'd tagged model trains with tiny graffiti. It was pretty cool but it was almost entirely red-dotted by the time I got there.