The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on February 21, 2012, 05:40:46 am

Title: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on February 21, 2012, 05:40:46 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02202012

Onstad didn't even pre-announce this one!

The second newspaper is scarily accurate, given my experience with these things.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: pmcd9 on February 21, 2012, 06:05:04 am
The second newspaper is scarily accurate, given my experience with these things.

Me too (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/268510941/).
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Doc on February 21, 2012, 06:15:20 am
At least stad hasn't forgotten what made achewood great: abandoning cool, fascinating storylines. The man is a dadaist cocktease.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 21, 2012, 06:50:33 am
Doc, I...

I can't give you all the cans you deserve for this observation.

YOU DESERVE ALL THE CANS THERE WILL EVER BE.

You...

You're the doc, Doc.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Jaded Tersk on February 21, 2012, 06:57:46 am
My daddy never told me to look out for the no-good titty-lickers.  Man, this must be why I felt so unprepared for life.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Nabubrush on February 21, 2012, 08:16:11 am
In Portland, homeless folks buy Street Roots (http://streetroots.org/) for a quarter and sell it for a dollar. They hang out around various places of business in my neighborhood. It's a pretty nice alternative to just accosting people and begging them for money.

As for the comic . . . I wonder if he's in Street Roots. He's not in the Merc anymore (other than the three food reviews that are going to end up getting printed).
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 21, 2012, 01:43:54 pm
sometimes expectations lead to pleasant surprises.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: AugustWest on February 21, 2012, 01:45:41 pm
The depressed cat is concerned that he will offend a street cat if he refuses to buy the newspaper the street cat is selling.  The depressed cat has a mistaken impression regarding the publication's contents.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Nabubrush on February 21, 2012, 02:23:24 pm
The depressed cat is concerned that he will offend a street cat if he refuses to buy the newspaper the street cat is selling.  The depressed cat has a mistaken impression regarding the publication's contents.

I would like you to translate all instances of the comic in this fashion.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: AugustWest on February 21, 2012, 03:00:14 pm
I would like you to translate all instances of the comic in this fashion.

The effete bear is hindered from learning how to use his drum machine because the young otter is standing on the manual.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Nabubrush on February 21, 2012, 04:27:17 pm
I'm not good at this, but it kind of feels like how Achewood would be if it were written by a cross between Chekhov and Hemingway.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: theinevitable on February 21, 2012, 04:51:52 pm
Frankly I'd rather just give them a few bucks than buy something I don't want and am just going to throw away.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Nabubrush on February 21, 2012, 05:06:24 pm
I don't know - the thing I like about street roots is that they invest in it. It costs them money to do it. I'm sure it's naive and simplistic of me, but I'd rather see that than some dude with a smoke and a dog talking about how he just needs X dollars to get something to eat or whatever.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on February 21, 2012, 05:17:11 pm
Is the product worth the investment though? I used to buy the street newspapers once in a while, but I gave it up when one of the issues I bought had a two page article on how the government is lying to us about chemtrails. I'd much rather just give a dude a dollar and have him spend the whole dollar however he likes, than to give him seventy-five cents that he can spend however he likes, and twenty-five cents for an article about chemtrails.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: side_show on February 21, 2012, 06:01:29 pm
I've never seen anyone selling our local "Street Connections" paper, however I know who writes it and I get it emailed to me on the regular.  Ours is written more for street people (mostly directed at sex trade workers), but I'm thinking the thing Onstad is refering to is a paper written by street people?  If so, we don't have that sort of a paper.  Ours has a "bad johns" report and I always have to steel myself before reading it.  I ask myself "do I want to know how awful the world is today?"  Sometimes the answer is "no."  Yikes, we are still not even kinda close to gender equality out my way. 
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Jaded Tersk on February 21, 2012, 07:22:50 pm
UK has one like Nabu is talkin' 'bout called The Big Issue.  It is worth the investment too, if you like magazines at all.  I mean, you get an interview with Paul McCartney here, a film review there, a few journalistic stories of decent quality. 

So if any Anglophiles out there wondered what Oasis meant in 'Supersonic' when they sing 'selling The Big Issue', it means this magazine sold by homeless people.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Nabubrush on February 22, 2012, 03:23:59 am
Oasis had lyrics?
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Jaded Tersk on February 22, 2012, 06:45:03 am
"She's got a sister / and God only knows how I've missed her / And on the palm of her hand is a blister"**

**Actual lyrics
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Nabubrush on February 22, 2012, 07:11:24 am
the hell?
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: jaydub on February 22, 2012, 06:03:23 pm
I'm so obsessed
My heart is bound to beat
Right out my untrimmed chest.



Pop music lyric quality appears to be inversely proportional to song popularity.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Nabubrush on February 22, 2012, 06:06:22 pm
I'm becoming more and more convinced that all songs have shit lyrics when you really look at them.

With the exception of "Let's Get it On".
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 22, 2012, 06:18:56 pm
I'm so obsessed
My heart is bound to beat
Right out my untrimmed chest.



Pop music lyric quality appears to be inversely proportional to song popularity.

that song is so annoying it makes me want to kick a puppy.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: jaydub on February 22, 2012, 06:23:25 pm
I'm sorry.  Don't take away a can.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 23, 2012, 02:08:17 pm
Pop music lyric quality appears to be inversely proportional to song popularity.

Stipe's Law: The overall quality of an R.E.M. album is roughly inversely proportional to the comprehensibility of the lyrics.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: CortesDiddy on February 24, 2012, 06:44:58 am
My favorite Oasis track has always been Wiv a Right Bevvridge

Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: pmcd9 on February 24, 2012, 08:21:19 am
Hi Cortes.  You're new here.
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Nabubrush on February 24, 2012, 08:50:01 am
Why don't you introduce yourself (http://youtu.be/feuvJXR60NE)?
Title: Re: 20th February 2012 – Dong and piss at once
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 24, 2012, 02:37:25 pm
If you like Oasis, you'll love Tiny Cowboy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udQJf-GOtmQ).