The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: jaydub on February 24, 2012, 06:54:15 pm
-
The inflation adjusted price for gas is close to its all-time high.
(http://inflationdata.com/inflation/images/charts/Oil/Inflation_adjusted_gasoline_price.jpg)
Naturally the prices here are in average US dollars. We lucky Californians get about a 15% higher rate due to a)Longer logistical chain between our refineries and areas of production, b)Our especially fabulous additive package and c)The oil companies charge all the market will bear so they can recoup losses from selling gas to South Carolinians.
-
its always the oil companies holding it hostage.
-
"Iran recently cut off exports to France and the United Kingdom in response to sanctions from the United States and the European Union."
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/automotive/30533384/detail.html#ixzz1nKbrIxJc
More demand for oil from sources other than Iran = higher prices.
-
Yup, sanctions coupled with greedy fuckers.
I'm surprised (and a little disappointed) that my name did not show up in those poll options.
-
Aren't you feeling held captive by hippies?
-
Are you talking to me?
Remember when Venezuela told OPEC they couldn't tell Venezuela what to do and dumped all that crude on the market? Oil dropped to $9 a BBL? Yeah, I was pretty sure I was going to get laid off. I don't feel held captive right now.