The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: jaydub on March 01, 2012, 04:46:48 am

Title: Davy Jones - Exit stage left
Post by: jaydub on March 01, 2012, 04:46:48 am
http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/29/showbiz/obit-davy-jones/index.html

I liked him, mostly because he seemed to have a good head on his shoulders.
Title: Re: Davy Jones - Exit stage left
Post by: Nabubrush on March 01, 2012, 12:56:27 pm
Was never a Monkees kind of guy. I feel bad when people shuffle off this mortal coil and all, but I was pretty surprised by the outpouring on this one.
Title: Re: Davy Jones - Exit stage left
Post by: AugustWest on March 01, 2012, 01:41:11 pm
Marsha Brady must be inconsolable.
Title: Re: Davy Jones - Exit stage left
Post by: jay-ell on March 01, 2012, 03:00:41 pm
I used to watch Monkees reruns on TV when I was a kid. I liked them a lot.

Not as much as the girl I knew in college who had their logo tattooed in red on her forearm, though. It was her only ink; apparently they had to go over it three times to get the color right. She was a nutball about Davy. I bet she's a wreck today.

R.I.P., Mr. Jones. You made a Daydream Believer out of me.
Title: Re: Davy Jones - Exit stage left
Post by: wombat on March 01, 2012, 03:03:38 pm
It's always sad when someone dies, but two days of Monkees earworms is sad too.
Title: Re: Davy Jones - Exit stage left
Post by: Choop on March 01, 2012, 03:04:46 pm
why is it that everybody who's commented on this so far talks about marcia brady? what about jan? it's always marcia, marcia, marcia
Title: Re: Davy Jones - Exit stage left
Post by: side_show on March 01, 2012, 03:21:15 pm
Like JL I watch the Monkees reruns and liked them a lot.  I'm not really feeling an sentimentality over this one though.  It's okay to hear "Daydream Believer" again, but once or twice is enough.
Title: Re: Davy Jones - Exit stage left
Post by: pmcd9 on March 01, 2012, 04:48:38 pm
Although I was the perfect age to watch the Monkees television show when it originally aired I only have vague recollections of ever doing so.  I watched them as reruns in the 80s.  It was alright.  I loved the music growing up.  Still do, but I'm gonna love any well crafted, Beatles inspired pop music, of course.

I have an internet friend who is gaga for Davy and I know she's in serious mourning right now.

I have another friend that posted a photo of the back pocket of her jeans she had Davy sign back in the 90s.  She told him to write "I got your pleasant valley."  Ha ha...

(http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/65784_10150679397804309_835659308_8903999_1389062251_n.jpg)

Goodbye Mr. Jones.
Title: Re: Davy Jones - Exit stage left
Post by: CortJstr on March 01, 2012, 06:27:43 pm
My first concert was The Monkees (sans Mike) at Wolftrap in the 90s. I'd make a 7A reference, but Jough beat me to it
Title: Re: Davy Jones - Exit stage left
Post by: AugustWest on March 01, 2012, 06:31:41 pm
why is it that everybody who's commented on this so far talks about marcia brady? what about jan? it's always marcia, marcia, marcia

Sam the Butcher just left you a can.
Title: Re: Davy Jones - Exit stage left
Post by: pmcd9 on March 02, 2012, 06:29:14 am
In honor of Davy Jones passing I wrote an article about the Monkee Mobile (http://www.artcarnation.com/pages/newsPerm.php?newsID=386) artcar for Artcar Nation.