The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on April 03, 2012, 04:22:36 am

Title: Tuskeegee (LIonel Richie Goes Country)
Post by: pmcd9 on April 03, 2012, 04:22:36 am
Heard an interview with Richie on NPR this afternoon about his new country album.  They played a few snippets and I suddenly realized he is the R&B (Disco? Funk? What is Lionel Richie's native style?) version of Kenny Rogers.

Title: Re: Tuskeegee (LIonel Richie Goes Country)
Post by: jaydub on April 03, 2012, 04:36:22 pm
R&B Easy Listening.
Not exactly my cup of tea either. 
Title: Re: Tuskeegee (LIonel Richie Goes Country)
Post by: Nabubrush on April 15, 2012, 09:45:28 pm
Yeah, Lionel fell off, but the Commodores take a back seat to no band when it comes to funk. I rate them as good as EWF (ok, P-Funk has them beat, but they're up there just below that echelon).

I'd rather know that Lionel's doing country as opposed to Jon BJ. Of course, I don't need to actually hear any of it.
Title: Re: Tuskeegee (LIonel Richie Goes Country)
Post by: Nabubrush on April 19, 2012, 08:59:36 pm
Lionel doing Jon BJ.

Now there's nightmare(?) fuel right there.

That's a construction I hadn't intended.

I think I posted a picture of that flyer when it was up in my neighborhood.