The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on April 16, 2012, 12:45:05 pm

Title: New Achewood "Honor System" Shop
Post by: wombat on April 16, 2012, 12:45:05 pm
Don't get too excited - no tshirts, just downloads.
http://achewood.com/honorclub.php (http://achewood.com/honorclub.php)
Title: Re: New Achewood "Honor System" Shop
Post by: Doc on April 16, 2012, 01:40:04 pm
Am I the only one who's not seeing a damn cookbook?

Also 3 bucks for a high res PDF of a strip? I mean I was never buying that anyway but it seem a bit high.
Title: Re: New Achewood "Honor System" Shop
Post by: wombat on April 16, 2012, 01:57:28 pm
Am I the only one who's not seeing a damn cookbook?

But Doc, it says "new material added regularly!" What's there to worry about?
Title: Re: New Achewood "Honor System" Shop
Post by: side_show on April 16, 2012, 04:22:03 pm
The "regularly" part is what there is to worry about. 

I would shell for the cook book, but the other stuff, not so much.
Title: Re: New Achewood "Honor System" Shop
Post by: wombat on April 16, 2012, 05:23:48 pm
The "regularly" part is what there is to worry about. 

Or the "ever" part. But hope springs eternal!
Title: Re: New Achewood "Honor System" Shop
Post by: side_show on April 16, 2012, 05:38:48 pm
Yes, my first reaction to seeing the "store" was to be pleased that he said he was going to do something, then followed through within a reasonable amount of time.  Afterward comes the biter vitriol of pessimism though. 
Title: Re: New Achewood "Honor System" Shop
Post by: Jaded Tersk on April 16, 2012, 11:06:44 pm


The 'zines are some of the best Achewood of all time.........of all time!  The 'zines are truly the pinnacle of Achewood so far.  So 3 bucks is very much worth it if you don't have 'em already.

Shit, I might do this again, just to have the things on my hard drive.
Title: Re: New Achewood "Honor System" Shop
Post by: wombat on April 16, 2012, 11:22:03 pm
It just occurred to me that now that he is a real food journalist, there is no way he'll ever release the second cookbook. Sigh.
Title: Re: New Achewood "Honor System" Shop
Post by: jay-ell on April 17, 2012, 02:23:37 am
Yes. I like it. Now that I have an e-reader, I will be making purchases.
Title: Re: New Achewood "Honor System" Shop
Post by: Nabubrush on April 17, 2012, 03:20:48 pm
Once every five years is regularly.
Title: Re: New Achewood "Honor System" Shop
Post by: spencersage on May 02, 2012, 07:59:00 pm
My God, he DID do it.  He promised, and then he did it!  But no cookbook.

I shall not Bitch, Whine, Moan, or Spout Vitriol.  I shall be a veritable Model of Gratefulness.
Title: Re: New Achewood "Honor System" Shop
Post by: Doc on May 03, 2012, 04:44:07 am
Fuck that, let's crucify the cook-tease.
Title: Re: New Achewood honor shop
Post by: nephilim8 on May 17, 2012, 12:10:58 am
Now that I have a Kindle (keyboard model), I can say that the downloads work fairly well. The MANWHY magazines are the worst offenders, because not all the fonts they are rendered in are readable when tiny or rendered strangely by an e-ink screen. So far though, everything else reads just fine.
Title: Re: New Achewood "Honor System" Shop
Post by: nephilim8 on August 29, 2012, 12:35:42 am
Just in case Chris doesn't get around to updating the shop ever again (though just by writing that I may have jinxed it,) does anyone have good PDF scans of the other Man Why You Even Got To Do A Thing magazines? I would really like to read the rest of them, and if it comes down to it, I'd just donate the collective suggested amount they'd be worth to him if it'd make you feel better.

(sorry to necromance a thread, but what can you do.)