The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: AugustWest on January 10, 2004, 02:31:50 am

Title: Refrigerator Poetry
Post by: AugustWest on January 10, 2004, 02:31:50 am
Damn it's quiet in here.  Since it's getting a little lonely here in the study, I suppose I'll take it upon myself to at least attempt to stimulate a little activity.

Anybody else have refrigerator poetry?  Hows about posting some of the startling works of genius you shift around on your food box.  Here are some of my favorites:

-- Linger in torment, you nefarious animal.
-- Monkeys in glowing green grass
-- You is the space child
-- Love torments the prisoner
-- A concrete bath for a bird
-- Steam naked fat
-- Devour my bone
-- Fooled her baby
-- Perhaps a magic glass moon

I have perhaps too much fun sliding these damn little magnets around.  I just like the startling little shock you get when you something sounds funny, weird and right all at the same time.

Anybody else do this?
Title: Refrigerator Poetry
Post by: V-Adore on January 10, 2004, 03:05:24 am
My roommate has the Genius set on our fridge. I haven't played with them lately, but the best currently-existing examples are "sanguine the obscure ersatz" and "eschew acumen and clever endeavor."
Title: Refrigerator Poetry
Post by: CortJstr on January 10, 2004, 03:43:59 am
I had like 9 sets on my fridge in college but haven't busted it out since. I'll consider it.
Title: Refrigerator Poetry
Post by: slink on January 10, 2004, 04:04:16 am
My brother got a faily comprehensive set at christmas, and I had a tinker... though I can't remember my opus.
Title: Refrigerator Poetry
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 10, 2004, 04:23:07 pm
how would you rob my dirt shop

temerity kills the herculean

I don't have a porcelain dog

we love our mean old ugly caterwauling feline

festoon this protuberance

I drive like I'm going to hell FAST

the big fool is a miscreant


And my favorite:
time to eat bugs
why?
they are good
I see crazy man
Title: Refrigerator Poetry
Post by: sjlimmer on January 10, 2004, 07:18:45 pm
I don't have any of the poetry sets, but rather the mix-and-match proverb set (I don't think the company makes it anymore, but they do have a Mind Your Mother (http://www.fridgedoor.com/fridgedoor/mindyourmother.html) set).

Some current favorite proverbs are:

Money is it's own reward
Ignorance conquers all
What you don't know breeds contempt
Virtue makes Jack a dull boy
Flattery makes the world go 'round
Title: Refrigerator Poetry
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 17, 2004, 01:25:06 am
Festoon this protuberance.

That is awesome.