The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: miles on May 12, 2012, 08:55:56 pm

Title: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: miles on May 12, 2012, 08:55:56 pm
Then what the hell does.

Wombat has posted 9,999 times. She is one post away from 5 figures, people.

She's posted through good times and bad. She's made us laugh. She's mad us cry. She's often ruled with an iron fist and made us terrified.

What will the 10,000th post be? WHAT WILL IT BE!?!?

And will it break the board?

Stay with us for continuing coverage.
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: side_show on May 12, 2012, 09:10:36 pm
Oh man, the pressure!  I'm guessing something about pugs.  That's my bet.  How could she resist?
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: miles on May 12, 2012, 09:55:09 pm
It's a safe bet. Pugs or other small mammals.
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: Nabubrush on May 12, 2012, 10:43:35 pm
Damn.

Our little messageboard is all growed up.
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: evilwombat on May 13, 2012, 12:59:21 am
I'm not sure I can stand the pressure. I might have to pull a Mister Queue.

Although you know it looks like I can make the count roll over from 9999 to 0 if I want.
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: miles on May 13, 2012, 01:58:11 am
For a minute or two I was worried I had killed off Wombat, then I noticed this alter ego has existed for almost as long as TOUAMB's been around.

Kinda blows my mind, actually. Like there's this elaborate TOUAMBverse (all in Wombat's mind of course) with common folk, heroes, villains and gods, complete with story arcs and even an origin myth. And...Evilwombat. And Nice Jough? Wow.
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: wombat on May 13, 2012, 02:40:57 am
The origin myth begins with this:
(http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/hellbaby.jpg)

And that is a perfect 10,000th post.
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: Nabubrush on May 13, 2012, 04:47:17 pm
This thread has the highest awesome:post ratio in our history.
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: wombat on May 13, 2012, 05:09:34 pm
9999 cans to Miles for the inspiration.

You'll be next Ash, so maybe you better start thinking about it.
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: Nabubrush on May 13, 2012, 09:16:00 pm
9999 cans to Miles for the inspiration.

You'll be next Ash, so maybe you better start thinking about it.

And now he's at 9997 cans? Tough crowd.
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: side_show on May 13, 2012, 09:30:01 pm
In the beginning, there were proteins.  And they were good.
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: AugustWest on May 13, 2012, 10:16:16 pm
HELLBABY!!!
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: side_show on May 13, 2012, 10:24:15 pm
Do you think Onstad still remembers that he convinced an internet person to prepare and eat this?
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: wombat on May 13, 2012, 11:40:55 pm
Naturally, I like to believe he does.

That reminds me, also thanks to Smells for the brilliant inspiration - I just mailed him a copy of my book at the newspaper's address. I will report back if anything comes of it.
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: miles on May 14, 2012, 03:48:33 am
I had nothing to do with that!

I figured I was being punished for that Koala photo in Aminals thread.
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: Nabubrush on May 14, 2012, 02:16:51 pm
I figured I was being punished for that Koala photo in Aminals thread.

You're dropping like a stone!
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: pmcd9 on May 23, 2012, 10:06:11 pm
How many post do I have?

Edit: 9518!
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: smick on May 29, 2012, 08:28:26 pm
At my current rate of posting, I will arrive at 10,000 posts in August 2049.

I will make my 10,000th post from my home in Pod 2b, at the Mars Outpost using my Google holographic mindwave browser.

I will be naked, not because the future has relaxed social constructs having to do with our bodies, but rather because it's Sunday, and I'm lazy and haven't gotten out of bed yet.  Jesus, get off my back.
Title: Re: If This Don't Count as News...
Post by: pmcd9 on May 29, 2012, 09:38:49 pm
We will be neighbors then.