The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: nephilim8 on May 14, 2012, 03:01:54 pm

Title: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: nephilim8 on May 14, 2012, 03:01:54 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05142012 (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05142012)

I think I enjoy the Todd/Cornelius interactions the most.



also hey everybody, I'm new round these parts.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: wombat on May 14, 2012, 03:55:15 pm
I'm so stunned that there's a comic, I can't think of anything to say about it.

And, hi there, new kid!
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: smick on May 14, 2012, 04:02:00 pm
Welcome aboard Nephllim8.

I'm excited you're here.  Despite their angelic heritage, our first 7 Nephllim were straight up garbages. 

You're already off to a great start.


in re: Comic - That Ray!  He sure does get into some crazy mix'em ups.   I feel like Mr. Bear's dialogue was a bit over the top.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: side_show on May 14, 2012, 04:33:42 pm
 I feel like Mr. Bear's dialogue was a bit over the top.

Agreed.  When it comes to chocolate chips though, what is nice about that statement?

Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: Nabubrush on May 14, 2012, 05:31:23 pm
Rock on, Neph. May I be the first to can you, and good on you for letting things season - nearly three months!

I do like "guy had the planet by the rig wig". On the other hand, "booze before you's"? Cornelius is always getting his swerve on.

Ray's test makes me think of Bjork - or more correctly, the BjorkDiddy gif (http://www.negrophonic.com/2007/bjorkdiddygif/).
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: jaydub on May 14, 2012, 06:15:06 pm
Ray's test makes me think of Bjork - or more correctly, the BjorkDiddy gif (http://www.negrophonic.com/2007/bjorkdiddygif/).
If that conversation didn't happen - I hope it will.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: dejavroom on May 14, 2012, 07:03:09 pm
Not Hi, Neph.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: jay-ell on May 14, 2012, 08:13:42 pm
[Today's Date] and other greetings, Neph.

Can we call you Li'l Neph?
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: CortesDiddy on May 15, 2012, 12:15:58 am
I'm sure Todd added that unnecessary apostrophe when he left just to spite Connie.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: CortJstr on May 15, 2012, 02:03:28 am
Huh, Theo Freedom writes his Es the same way that Ray Smuckles does
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: AugustWest on May 15, 2012, 03:16:03 am
The drunken squirrel and the elder bear have a conversation about the billionaire cat, each using their own individual hipster argot.  Medical tests reveal the billionaire cat is mentally impaired; it appears further comedic hijinks are in is immediate future.

"Please allow him the benefit of your absence."  I'm going to use that one.  Just watch me.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: oball on May 15, 2012, 11:47:40 am
May I be the first to can you, and good on you for letting things season - nearly three months

Well, he had to wait for a strip to be posted
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: Nabubrush on May 15, 2012, 02:40:58 pm
Well, he had to wait for a strip to be posted

If I had a million TCsoDP . . . if I had a million TCsoDP . . . . I'd buy you a monkey.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: Choop on May 15, 2012, 02:43:19 pm
but not a real TCoDP, that's cruel
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: AKKOLADE on May 15, 2012, 04:30:42 pm
Rock on, Neph. May I be the first to can you, and good on you for letting things season - nearly three months!

I do like "guy had the planet by the rig wig". On the other hand, "booze before you's"? Cornelius is always getting his swerve on.

Ray's test makes me think of Bjork - or more correctly, the BjorkDiddy gif (http://www.negrophonic.com/2007/bjorkdiddygif/).
Yeah, but on such as cognac and grappa, not everclear and rubbing alcohol like Lyle and Todd.

Talking of Mr. Bear, he seems to be freestyling in panel three there. Talking in spontaneous rap limericks: that's the kind of thing that won him the Badass Games.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: Nabubrush on May 15, 2012, 04:45:12 pm
Welcome! Do be careful with the zombie threads, though.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: jay-ell on May 15, 2012, 05:18:33 pm
What we should have is a TOUAMB wiki explaining all of the characters and inside jokes going on here. Since this message board has all but ceased to be about a comic strip and is now essentially about a bunch of mostly middle-aged, mostly white people swapping recipes and links to YouTube videos.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: Nabubrush on May 15, 2012, 05:34:11 pm
Yes.

Every time I see the title of this thread I think "what in the dogg".
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: nephilim8 on May 15, 2012, 06:43:47 pm

Can we call you Li'l Neph?

hah! if you like.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 16, 2012, 01:42:35 am
I'm pretty sure in his notes on this strip, it read:

exercise in patois/exam

He probably wrote this down months ago, looked at it last week having no idea what inspired him to write those words down in that order and had to work backwards from his own assumptions as to what that could've meant when he wrote it down months ago.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: CortJstr on May 17, 2012, 01:24:28 pm
So is it just me, or is this strip gone? I'm seeing 4/13/12 as the most recent again.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: wombat on May 17, 2012, 01:47:37 pm
Cort from what I can see it's just you.

What we should have is a TOUAMB wiki explaining all of the characters and inside jokes going on here. Since this message board has all but ceased to be about a comic strip and is now essentially about a bunch of mostly middle-aged, mostly white people swapping recipes and links to YouTube videos.

We should at least have this as a thread. Really, even I think that it's too much at this point to expect the noobs to read the whole archives. They need like the Cliff Notes.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: jay-ell on May 17, 2012, 02:41:53 pm
Agreed. But if it's a thread, instead of a wiki, that means one person has to write each section -- it can't be collaborative. Which...I mean...I don't really see how that would work.

What the hell. I'll start one down in People and Places, we'll see where it goes.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: Bulldog Jones on May 17, 2012, 04:18:32 pm
I finally made an avatar so I could let fly my first comment (asking whether this strip had been redacted), but it looks like there's already minor consensus on that point, so... whimper not a bang.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: CortJstr on May 17, 2012, 05:43:04 pm
I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't see this strip now. I even tried ctrl+F5
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: jaydub on May 17, 2012, 07:28:01 pm
 - not a valid date -
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: Nabubrush on May 17, 2012, 07:43:35 pm
Dude waits a month to come up with something and then withdraws it.

Tortured Artist
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: side_show on May 17, 2012, 07:50:38 pm
Welcome Bulldog Jones.  The perfect reason to join a message board community is because of curmudgeonly concerns.  That is why 90% of us are here.  So welcome.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: greenkoolayd on May 18, 2012, 10:37:13 am
wait, so.... if manwich is a "wet, loose sandwich product", does that mean velveeta is "the thing they get on starships when they ask the replicator for cheese"?
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 18, 2012, 01:10:56 pm
All these years, thinking a manwich was three guys and the middle bein' the Lucky Pierre.

I was naive, I guess.
Title: Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
Post by: CortJstr on May 18, 2012, 04:22:20 pm
This concept intrigues me. Must be an 'upper NY close to Caniadialand' thing.

I first saw it here (http://wordfront.com/wares/).