The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: side_show on May 21, 2012, 06:30:25 pm
-
It's pretty weird to live in the same, smallish city as Burton Cummings.
Presenting Fahrenheit 7-11, a short film about just that. (http://vimeo.com/31791146)
As a personal aside, in my younger days Burton was part owner in a failing bar that my then boyfriend and I used to go to. I can't remember the name of the place for the life of me - it's long since closed down. He would often be sitting there, getting progressively drunker, just a couple seats away from us, with his obviously died black hair and his stodginess on full display. My boyfriend at the time was horrified once when he encountered Burton in the bathroom, who drunkenly insisted on showing him that he could flush the urinal with a drunken, stagger-y kick. Apparently it took a couple tries.
Burton noticed our strained relationship at one point and made some comment (while drunk again) amounting to the fact the I should move on. It was very awkward, but in the end he was right.
Here's to better times. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkqfpkTTy2w)
-
That was fantastic. What's the story on the Salisbury House. I think I want to go there.
-
Salisbury House is a terrible chain of Winnipeg restaurants owned, in part, by Burton. They sell overpriced fast food that tastes terrible, but there's a deep loyalty to the chain for sentimental reasons. It's typically called "Sal's" by locals, and most people go there to get a "nip," which is a mediocre hamburger.