The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: PinkStainlessTail on August 04, 2003, 01:28:09 pm
-
Hello. I had trouble registering a username using my excite.com address. Basically, I never got the activation mail. When I tried again using a hotmail address, bang I was in. Is there an issue with Excite or just some sort of a kind of an internet routing mystery?
-
Hello. I had trouble registering a username using my excite.com address. Basically, I never got the activation mail. When I tried again using a hotmail address, bang I was in. Is there an issue with Excite or just some sort of a kind of an internet routing mystery?
Some e-mail providers consider the confirmation "junk" or "bulk" mail because it's from an auto-mailer and you've had no contact with the plagiarist.com domain before. You'd either need to list plagiarist as OK in your excite preferences, lower your spam filtering level, or use a less picky provider.
-
Some e-mail providers consider the confirmation "junk" or "bulk" mail because it's from an auto-mailer and you've had no contact with the plagiarist.com domain before. You'd either need to list plagiarist as OK in your excite preferences, lower your spam filtering level, or use a less picky provider.
See what's weird is that there's basically no filtering on the account. Definitely no "whitelist" of approved domains or keyword filter (I just sent myself a message from another domain that I haven't explicitly authorized with the subject "fuck shit piss cum lesbian faggot" and it got through fine)(in fact I often use this account to collect amusing spam subject lines). Also bulk stuff gets shunted into a special folder not outright deleted. It's your run of the mill free webmail provider and I've used it to register for other message boards with no problem. No biggie (obviously, since I've got this account), but kinda odd.