The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: pmcd9 on June 06, 2012, 07:26:22 pm

Title: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
Post by: pmcd9 on June 06, 2012, 07:26:22 pm
The great writer has passed away (http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/story/2012-06-06/ray-bradbury-dies/55417888/1).
Title: Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
Post by: jay-ell on June 06, 2012, 11:34:39 pm
*weeps*
Title: Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
Post by: Mr Trout on June 06, 2012, 11:38:28 pm
I'm going to spend this evening sitting on the porch re-reading The Martian Chronicles while drinking several beers.
Title: Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 07, 2012, 12:02:55 am
I wasn't planning on a drink tonight but now I'll be having one.


"a" drink?
Title: Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
Post by: wombat on June 07, 2012, 12:11:21 am
Ray Bradbury is the first writer I remember reading, and reading ALL of his books.
Title: Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
Post by: miles on June 07, 2012, 01:52:01 am
I'm embarrassed to admit that I've only ever read Fahrenheit 451 (yes, it was required, but yes, I loved it), but The Martian Chronicles just made it to the list. It'll be months before I get to it but it's there. What else is essential?

Also, Paul your thread title threw me for a second even though I had just heard about his death on the radio a few minutes before reading it. I thought it would make a humorous song title. And then I remembered that there is already a song by that title. Basically, I like songs with the word 'fuck' in the title.
Title: Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
Post by: miles on June 07, 2012, 02:03:01 am
Something Wicked This Way Comes, miles.

Man, I'm having a rough night. At first I was like, "wait what? What'd I do to deserve that?"
Title: Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
Post by: pmcd9 on June 07, 2012, 06:47:54 am
I've only read Martian Chronicles, Fahrenheit 451, and Dandelion Wine. All three of those are exquisite reads. I make time to read more Bradbury.
Title: Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
Post by: lprkn on June 07, 2012, 10:48:22 am
My favorite was definitely Dandelion Wine.