The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AKKOLADE on June 20, 2012, 12:53:46 pm

Title: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: AKKOLADE on June 20, 2012, 12:53:46 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06202012

I kind of want to punch Altimeter Tim in the face? Am I wrong in this?

Also, doesn't Beef have a car? Or access to Ray's car? Other than the 1978 Volvo 244GLE of Despair?
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: wombat on June 20, 2012, 01:09:42 pm
I kind of want to punch Altimeter Tim in the face? Am I wrong in this?

No.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: jaydub on June 20, 2012, 03:31:39 pm
The title escapes me for the moment, but I was reading my daughter a story set in the early 1900's.  There were two kids, a brother and sister who were driving themselves to school; the boy worked the floor pedals at the direction of his older sister who managed the steering and shifting and so forth.  The prose was very descriptive of the whole process, and it was unbelievably complicated to drive that car, what with a manual spark advance; separate levers and clutches for going in reverse, etc.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: side_show on June 20, 2012, 03:35:27 pm
Ray is pleased by the idea of giving the world an orgasm.  The concept also pleases me.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: pmcd9 on June 20, 2012, 03:54:27 pm
doesn't Beef have a car?

Furthermore, why isn't Cornelius driving his own car?
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: jaydub on June 20, 2012, 03:59:48 pm
"fluid on the knee", i.e. arthritis-associated swelling which makes it difficult to bend the leg.  No doubt a hindrance when you're driving a stick.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: pmcd9 on June 20, 2012, 04:02:13 pm
Ah. I glossed over that part.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: jaydub on June 20, 2012, 04:06:03 pm
Wow.  Check out the description of the driving process here (http://www.modelt.ca/drive-fs.html).

(http://www.model-t-restore.com/images/cockpit_lrg.jpg)

Probably knowing how to drive a modern car would be a major disadvantage in learning to drive one of those.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: pmcd9 on June 20, 2012, 04:08:19 pm
That is straight up orgasms - steak present.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 20, 2012, 05:40:55 pm
There was an item recently about a baseball broadcaster who had some sort of brain problem during a game and talked about "fifth base" and other weirdness. This strip reminds me of that.
http://deadspin.com/5919477/rangers-announcer-dave-barnett-starts-speaking-nonsense-during-broadcast-claims-go+ahead-run-is-at-fifth-base
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: Jaded Tersk on June 20, 2012, 05:57:23 pm
I've got early onset wrecked attention.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: iron_felix on June 20, 2012, 08:08:48 pm
He doesn't have a lot of lines here, but I still don't know if Onstad has got Mr. Bear's "voice" back yet.  He's got Beef down, though.  I found myself looking up "muttershanks" to see if it was a real thing, and then wishing it were.

Altimeter Tim actually reminds me a lot of Ray in a "being in trouble is a fake idea" kind of way.  Is this conversation really happening, or is Ray still partying, in a medical sense?  I guess it says something about Ray's character that you can't really tell if he's back to normal.

Also, it's good to see FLUT (http://ohno*****.com/index.pl?s=FLUT&Search=Search&comic=636&e=0&n=0&b=0&m=0&d=0&t=0) make another appearance.  It's been a while.  PHAP! is great too, and apparently new.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 20, 2012, 10:35:59 pm
Give the world an orgasm? Okay.

I'd rather really bum the world out in a manner that makes them empathetic to the hell that is being one of the unlucky people but... his is probably a valid approach too.

Not a valid approach for ME but you know for SOME.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: nDed on June 20, 2012, 10:50:51 pm
Remember Ray, just because the world orgasms, doesn't necessarily mean it was consensual.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: linnea on June 21, 2012, 03:08:32 am
The title escapes me for the moment, but I was reading my daughter a story set in the early 1900's.  There were two kids, a brother and sister who were driving themselves to school; the boy worked the floor pedals at the direction of his older sister who managed the steering and shifting and so forth.  The prose was very descriptive of the whole process, and it was unbelievably complicated to drive that car, what with a manual spark advance; separate levers and clutches for going in reverse, etc.

I seem to remember this in a Roald Dahl book. Or maybe I'm remembering his descriptions of how he learned to drive when he was a wee laddie in his autobiography, Boy.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: greenkoolayd on June 21, 2012, 07:15:44 am
I've got early onset wrecked attention.

I was born with shit and its even more whack having it as an adult.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: AKKOLADE on June 21, 2012, 11:34:01 am
I seem to remember this in a Roald Dahl book. Or maybe I'm remembering his descriptions of how he learned to drive when he was a wee laddie in his autobiography, Boy.
I think you're thinking of the bit where he has a car-accident and loses his nose.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: wombat on June 21, 2012, 04:10:43 pm
I think you're thinking of the bit where he has a car-accident and loses his nose.

This sentence made me very happy.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: Bulldog Jones on June 22, 2012, 05:08:24 am
This strip was great.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: jay-ell on June 22, 2012, 04:25:13 pm
This strip was great.

Well, I'm glad we got that sorted, then.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: CortesDiddy on June 22, 2012, 07:39:41 pm
I've had too many conversations with Altimiter-Tim types at parties.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: Bulldog Jones on June 22, 2012, 08:29:27 pm
This strip was great.
Well, I'm glad we got that sorted, then.
I tend to go off on elaborate flights of fancy like that sometimes.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: side_show on June 22, 2012, 10:19:59 pm
I've had too many conversations with Altimiter-Tim types at parties.

I've been an Altimiter-Tim type at too many parties.
I used to smoke a lot of weed.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: greenkoolayd on June 22, 2012, 10:26:36 pm
altimeter tim seems to be like a really chill, less focused andrew w.k..
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: CortesDiddy on June 23, 2012, 02:01:25 am
I've been an Altimiter-Tim type at too many parties.
I used to smoke a lot of weed.

That's cool. Cause sometimes I was more like Theo Freedom myself.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: jaydub on June 23, 2012, 04:42:03 am
I tend to be a Cliff Clavin.  I am not as bad now as I once was.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with overcompensating for feelings of inadequacy.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: jay-ell on June 23, 2012, 03:21:02 pm
I tend to find the party's Cliff Claven or Altimeter Tim and listen with rapt attention until it's time to depart. Because, whether or not I believe what they're actually saying or not, I find that those kinds of people are usually pretty interesting for one reason or another -- in Cliff's case, because he actually knows a lot of things, and in Tim's case, because they're so completely off their gourd that it's entertaining to ask a couple of leading questions and then watch them tie themselves in rhetorical knots.
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: AKKOLADE on July 04, 2012, 10:45:45 pm
I have come to the conclusion that I should have called this thread "muttershanks and wrecked attention"
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 05, 2012, 12:43:34 pm
I have come to the conclusion that I should have called this thread "muttershanks and wrecked attention"

but that is the name of our band

our

band


Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: AKKOLADE on July 13, 2012, 09:08:37 pm
but that is the name of our band

our

band



We decided on this name in less than three minutes America
Title: Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 09, 2012, 05:00:23 am
The second panel of this was him really just saying "look, I'm tired of this  so it can't be new" isn't it.

Just realized this, now that I have my laptop back and am re-familiarizing myself with the bookmarks.