The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on July 27, 2012, 05:21:39 pm
-
To: [REDACTED]
Subject: [REDACTED] turns in his stuff
After my exit interview, I need to turn in all my stuff. Can we do it like a bad 70s cop movie? Can you yell at me for being a loose cannon and tell me to turn in my gun and my badge, and I can give you the stuff and tell you I'm going to avenge my dead partner and you can't stop me?
And so it happened. That was my last day of work!
-
Why isn't there video?
-
Why isn't there video?
We didn't think to take it, and we were laughing our asses off throughout. We do however have a picture of me with a desk clock jerry-rigged around a lanyard as an impromptu Flava Flav.
-
We didn't think to take it, and we were laughing our asses off throughout. We do however have a picture of me with a desk clock jerry-rigged around a lanyard as an impromptu Flava Flav.
Did you have a blinking tooth?
-
It was a sad day when I realized I won't be able to quit by screaming at a customer to go fuck themselves, because I might want a reference from this job at some point.
-
That is so awesome.
-
My roommate works at a coffee place, and he says that every time a particular really picky customer comes in, he thinks about quitting. This guy is very specific about exactly how he wants his drink, and watches roommate make it very closely. He waits until the finished drink is handed to him to say "you forgot the extra soy milk" or whatever and make him start over.
So he says, one day I am going to make it completely wrong, and when he opens his mouth to tell me what I did wrong I am going to drink the drink in front of him and then walk out. I said I hope one of the things you do wrong is making it cold so you don't have to drink a scalding hot coffee drink in one dramatic gulp.
-
I think next time he comes in he should ask him between each step if he's doing it right so far. Of course your friend could also just get the order right so he doesn't have to do it over. Damn kids with their ADD or whatever.
-
Or tell him if he wants it done right, he should go out and get a shitty coffee-making job himself. The guy's not worth the $800-1000 he brings in annually (assuming he comes in five days a week, that is).
-
The next time he comes in your friend should just punch him directly in the throat.
-
This is the kind of customer my boss would flat-out tell, "Go get your coffee someplace else." He is a great guy to work for precisely because he does not give a shit if people hate him for stupid reasons. Obviously he will give great service (and demand the same of us) to a customer who is reasonable and nice, even if they have a difficult request. But I have seen him flat-out refuse to sell a hard-to-find product to a customer (even though we had it in stock) because this person had previously been a pain in the ass. He told her, "Yes, I have [product,] but all of them are reserved and your name's not on the list."
After she left, my boss turned to me and said, "I am not going to sell anything to her and take it away from my good customers. [Competitor] can have her, she couldn't possible spend enough money here to make it worth the trouble of dealing with her."
Gotta respect a manager/owner who can draw a line in the sand like that.
-
That was also the great thing about my boss at the store I used to work for. On the other hand, it's not in business anymore... but I don't think that is why.