The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: jough on January 12, 2004, 07:30:09 pm

Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: jough on January 12, 2004, 07:30:09 pm
I'm selling this bitch on Ebay, yo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2977671579&category=3339&rd=1
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: AugustWest on January 12, 2004, 07:45:54 pm
Very thoughtful of you to include a box of floppies.

[Click for photo (http://www.jough.com/ebay/mavica/SelfPortrait.jpg)]

Our Hero!
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: jough on January 12, 2004, 08:08:02 pm
Yeah, well, that's a five-year-old photo.
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: CortJstr on January 12, 2004, 08:08:23 pm
Hey, is eBay pimping allowed in this boards TOS? I'd better ask the Admin.

...

Oh. Right. As you were.
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: AugustWest on January 12, 2004, 08:11:02 pm
Love the short-sleeve oxford cloth shirt.  Which are you, an accountant or an engineer?
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: V-Adore on January 12, 2004, 08:13:44 pm
Hey, the Trainspotting poster! Mad props. (Admittedly, my first association with it was the faintly dim crew girl who lived next to me last year and owned that poster, but it's still a k-rad poster nonetheless.)
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: wombat on January 12, 2004, 08:14:21 pm
I see that whether the terrifying smile still exists is cleverly concealed.
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: jough on January 12, 2004, 08:15:25 pm
Dude, the Oxford and khaki look and I go *way* back (along with combat boots).  I think it's because it was the unofficial uniform of my old schmancy primary school.

There was a time back in the mid-90s, after those Gap commercials started coming out with Louis Prima's "Jump Jive 'N Wail", that I was actually IN FASHION.

But yeah, I'm all conservative punk dressed.  Anyone can get tats and piercings and dress all funky.  I look so conservative/young Republican that it's subversive.
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: jough on January 12, 2004, 08:19:05 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Hey, is eBay pimping allowed in this boards TOS?


Oh, dude, pimp away.  Just try to keep it to a minimum of postings.  Anyone with over 250 on-topic posts can pretty much get away with anything but attacking another member.
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: AugustWest on January 12, 2004, 08:19:55 pm
Uh oh.
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: wombat on January 12, 2004, 09:27:34 pm
Wait, who's keeping track of whether the posts are on-topic?  You got software for that?
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 12, 2004, 09:48:53 pm
I would buy the camera, but the picture of you taking a picture clearly shows that all the lettering is backward and the button is on the wrong side. I thought only HP was still supporting that reverse Polish stuff.
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: jough on January 12, 2004, 09:51:17 pm
I keep a mental tally of on versus off topic posts.
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: slink on January 12, 2004, 11:16:00 pm
I'm just loving the cross-eyed picture!
It's a pretty hefty camera. Looks pretty good quality though.
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: jough on January 12, 2004, 11:47:25 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
I see that whether the terrifying smile still exists is cleverly concealed.


Here's a picture of me smiling I just took with my new camera.  I think you'll see that I am like, the least scary person in the world:

(http://jough.com/jough/smile2004.jpg)
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 13, 2004, 12:08:48 am
Dude! Sunscreen!
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: V-Adore on January 13, 2004, 01:03:24 am
I don't know, I'm pretty sure I know at least two people (and one of them is me) compared to whom you're Vlad the Impaler. But hey, what do I know?
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: wombat on January 13, 2004, 01:06:37 am
Quote from: "jough"

Here's a picture of me smiling I just took with my new camera.  I think you'll see that I am like, the least scary person in the world:


Oh my stars.  Did that charmingly nerdy fellow in the first picture sell his soul to Satan in exchange for total messageboard domination?  Or was the seed of this transformation always deep within the little golden haired boy with terrifying smile?  Perhaps there are some things we were not meant to know...
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: andalucia on January 13, 2004, 01:11:50 am
Thanks jough, photos make your caustic wit a wee bit less menacing.
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: AugustWest on January 13, 2004, 02:13:53 am
There's something I hope to never see:  My name and "wee bit" in the same sentence.
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: jough on January 13, 2004, 06:58:41 am
I don't think I've heard the expression "oh my stars" since 1941.
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: jough on January 13, 2004, 07:02:25 am
And thank you all for good karma.  It sold for nearly double what I wanted/expected for it.
Title: Anyone want to buy a digital camera?
Post by: slink on January 13, 2004, 03:30:50 pm
Quote from: "jough"
And thank you all for good karma.  It sold for nearly double what I wanted/expected for it.


I'd have put a bid in to drive the price up (hindsight and all) but I'd still be scared of winning it...