The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: pmcd9 on August 21, 2012, 10:27:34 am

Title: Cloud Email
Post by: pmcd9 on August 21, 2012, 10:27:34 am
I've been asked to help my nephew setup an email system where he can access his email and calendar on multiple devices such as his laptop as well as his phone.

He mentioned a product Microsoft 365, but I don't know if this is the right product for him. I've done a little bit of research on this, but I'm really not up to speed. I don't have a smart phone so I've not considered this issue before now.

I think maybe he needs to transition to a cloud based service? Is this a correct assumption? If so, what's your recommendations in that regard.

Or am I completely off base here? If that's the case which is the right direction? What say you...
Title: Re: Cloud Email
Post by: AugustWest on August 21, 2012, 01:04:57 pm
Gmail and Google Calendar works fine for me.  I use it on my phone, my work and my home computers.  I don't use a laptop much, but if I did I bet it would work fine there too.
Title: Re: Cloud Email
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 21, 2012, 01:14:49 pm
Eggman has the right idea. You both would benefit from surrendering to the Google lifestyle. It is everywhere, it does everything, it is free and it comes with massive storage.
Title: Re: Cloud Email
Post by: pmcd9 on August 21, 2012, 01:45:44 pm
I thought about google calendar and I may yet suggest it, but he needs to use @comanyname email address.
Title: Re: Cloud Email
Post by: smick on August 21, 2012, 03:41:16 pm
You can register a domain and set up "Google Apps" which makes every Google service available to you using your domain name.

You can log into gmail with an @companyname address, etc.

I myself use a hybrid of Google and Apple stuff to do the same thing.