The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Choop on January 13, 2004, 12:38:22 pm

Title: Odwalla in the "frigo" - 13jan04
Post by: Choop on January 13, 2004, 12:38:22 pm
Wisps of smoke curling,
Beef gives a lot away to
Earn his two Roombas.



Beautiful. The same kind of "portrait" strip that I've grown specifically fond of, with the addition of mad amounts of artistic quality.



JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY IT'S EARLY
Title: Odwalla in the "frigo" - 13jan04
Post by: andalucia on January 13, 2004, 12:45:48 pm
I must say I had to read it a few times to understand his plan.  Maybe because I am slow?  Maybe because it is before 8AM?  This could go either way, but I'm pretty sure I love this strip.
Title: Odwalla in the "frigo" - 13jan04
Post by: Gimpson on January 13, 2004, 01:58:20 pm
Roast Beef demonstrates why you should always lock your workstation when away from your desk.  

Beef ain't no script kiddie.  He's doing this job from the inside.  Hella cloak and dagger style.
Title: Odwalla in the "frigo" - 13jan04
Post by: wombat on January 13, 2004, 02:05:47 pm
Any crime that involves having pizzas delivered is my kind of crime.
Title: Odwalla in the "frigo" - 13jan04
Post by: slink on January 13, 2004, 03:27:37 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Roast Beef demonstrates why you should always lock your workstation when away from your desk.  

Beef ain't no script kiddie.  He's doing this job from the inside.  Hella cloak and dagger style.


No no, he's doing the job outside. He's just making sure the guys aren't watching the incoming ports by sending them pizza. Best way to stop them running a traceroute.
Well, now it's the best way at any rate.
Title: Odwalla in the "frigo" - 13jan04
Post by: Gimpson on January 13, 2004, 03:53:54 pm
Quote from: "slink"
No no, he's doing the job outside. He's just making sure the guys aren't watching the incoming ports by sending them pizza. Best way to stop them running a traceroute.
Well, now it's the best way at any rate.


Then why deliver the pizzas in person?  I assumed the DOS attacks and port scanning was the misdirection, meant to keep the NOC staff busy while he sneaks in disguised as a pizza delivery boy.
Title: Odwalla in the "frigo" - 13jan04
Post by: slink on January 13, 2004, 06:13:24 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"

Then why deliver the pizzas in person?  I assumed the DOS attacks and port scanning was the misdirection, meant to keep the NOC staff busy while he sneaks in disguised as a pizza delivery boy.


Could be. But then why would he be running port scanners if he didn't need to find an exploitable port?
I guess the question is: how proficient is Onstad with computers?
We will find out I guess.
Title: Odwalla in the "frigo" - 13jan04
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 13, 2004, 06:48:49 pm
The honorable Sun-Tzu in the Art of War tells us (among many other things) that an advantage goes to the commander most able to understand the battlefield and the weaknesses of his enemy.

Looks to me like Beef is working the inside and the outside, as thorough and slick an operation as can be.

This is some deep commitment for a couple of Roombas.
Title: Odwalla in the "frigo" - 13jan04
Post by: V-Adore on January 13, 2004, 07:23:05 pm
Gorgeous strip. I personally enjoy how he's referring to himself as "R. Beef Kazenzakis" in the fourth panel; that is just a damn slick handle, slick enough to make you forget entirely about the idea of a "Cassandra."
Title: Odwalla in the "frigo" - 13jan04
Post by: jough on January 13, 2004, 08:11:35 pm
Beef is a smooth operator.

Smooooooooooth.

Operator.
Title: Odwalla in the "frigo" - 13jan04
Post by: CortJstr on January 13, 2004, 09:25:50 pm
Maybe he hid something inside one of the boxer. Or on the desk near them.

I think he was browsing around B&N and found this (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1931686602/).
Title: Odwalla in the "frigo" - 13jan04
Post by: Noah on January 13, 2004, 10:37:32 pm
Wow, Gimpson, you live in Shawnee? I used to live there.