The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: miles on September 29, 2012, 09:27:48 am

Title: NFL in LA
Post by: miles on September 29, 2012, 09:27:48 am
The NFL could be on its way back to Los Angeles: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/8436735/los-angeles-city-council-approves-plan-downtown-nfl-stadium

I think Choop and Asherdan were arguing about how long an NFL team would be able to last down there. I'd like to see a wager made. Something big. Something worth the wait of however many years Choop thinks the team will last.
Title: Re: NFL in LA
Post by: pmcd9 on September 29, 2012, 11:52:14 am
Here's what I read. Before they'll even consider adding a team they are giving the rest of the NFL owners the opportunity to cash a big paycheck and screw their loyal fans. So it'll either be a new team in LA or a new team (eventually) in whichever city gets fucked over by this deal.

I'll never give the NFL another penny of my money.
Title: Re: NFL in LA
Post by: pmcd9 on September 29, 2012, 03:32:31 pm
Except the Rams. If they come back I'm going to quit everthing in the world except showing up at every possible team thing and shaking my naked ass at them. Ever. Chance.

I'm counting on you to make this happen.  Go Rams!!!
Title: Re: NFL in LA
Post by: Choop on September 29, 2012, 05:21:43 pm
i think the wager was a bottle of bourbon, and the time limit was two years. i think i thought cleveland was only without a team for two seasons. if only there were some sort of expert in finding old thread content, but of cort there isn't. surely i'm jestring.

my belief holds strong: there isn't enough room in LA for the NFL because it's such a college football town.
Title: Re: NFL in LA
Post by: CortJstr on September 29, 2012, 05:26:10 pm
Start here. Actual wager 2 posts later: http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,5511.msg164716.html#msg164716
Title: Re: NFL in LA
Post by: Choop on September 29, 2012, 09:02:48 pm
CJ you are fantastic.
Title: Re: NFL in LA
Post by: Choop on September 29, 2012, 10:51:22 pm
that's seven seasons of an active team, not seven years from today.