The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Doc on October 13, 2012, 04:39:00 am

Title: Human face of big data
Post by: Doc on October 13, 2012, 04:39:00 am
Anyone else participating in this (http://thehumanfaceofbigdata.com/) ?

Probably a bit intrusive for some but I really like this kind of stuff. The way technology and social networks have invaded our lives allows us to collect objective data about ourselves in a pretty awesome way. That said my 'data doppelgänger' is a 40 year old woman from California and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Title: Re: Human face of big data
Post by: jay-ell on October 14, 2012, 02:29:23 am
The crotchety old lady who lives in my head immediately says, "I don't trust that shit at all."

We'll see if I get over it, but as of this moment, no, I'm not involved.