The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on October 31, 2012, 05:50:29 am

Title: Disney Buys Star Wars
Post by: pmcd9 on October 31, 2012, 05:50:29 am
I don't have any faith that Disney will make a Star Wars movie that sucks any less than George Lucas has in his last three tries. I do think they are savvy enough business people to realize there is a demand for the original series in it's original form.
Title: Re: Disney Buys Star Wars
Post by: Ben-San on October 31, 2012, 06:04:13 am
On the other hand I don't really feel like they're likely be a whole lot worse than the last couple tries, either. A friend of mine said he was expecting some fairly satisfactory space-fantasy stuff that didn't really have much to do with what he thinks of as Star Wars, and I'm inclined to agree with that assessment.
Title: Re: Disney Buys Star Wars
Post by: wombat on October 31, 2012, 12:32:46 pm
I don't have a hoss in this race, so I will borrow John Scalzi's opinion.
http://whatever.scalzi.com/2012/10/30/quick-thoughts-on-disney-buying-lucasfilm/ (http://whatever.scalzi.com/2012/10/30/quick-thoughts-on-disney-buying-lucasfilm/)
Title: Re: Disney Buys Star Wars
Post by: jaydub on October 31, 2012, 03:31:51 pm
Some of the most active threads on my friends' Facebook pages are about this deal.  There is probably a deep well of interest from GenX if Disney can figure out how to appeal to us.
Title: Re: Disney Buys Star Wars
Post by: AugustWest on October 31, 2012, 06:52:22 pm
If anybody can find a way to make Star Wars slicker and more middlebrow than it already is, it's Disney.
Title: Re: Disney Buys Star Wars
Post by: theinevitable on November 09, 2012, 11:28:01 pm
Told a coworker and customer "the good news is, Leia is a Disney princess now! Lots of little girls dressed as Leia every halloween from now on."

horrified looks for a very long beat.

"no! Because she's a good role model! Girls having a good role model who is tough and smart! Not... not in a bad way!"

The damage was done.