The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: wombat on December 06, 2012, 09:43:41 pm
-
I've only had a broken wrist for 24 hours and i am already going stir crazy. if you aren't going to post amusing posts, at least tell me where else to go to be amused. not videos, half the time they crash the laptop. PLEEEEEEASE.
-
sadly that would only help if she posted something new.
i've also caught up on shorpy and lore's wired columns.
-
i'd have a lot less free time if i could use both hands.
-
Get all the new music you can stand from this podcast: http://kexp.org/podcasting/podcasting.asp#mtm
-
Here is an amusing thing: http://mcgarnagle.com/
-
Since you are kind of considering a move or work in Japan: http://www.gaijinpot.com/ (http://www.gaijinpot.com/)
-
yo is this racist is the only other site I go to regularly. It is awesome.
Also, everytime I search a band I like on youtube, they have a video of them playing at the radio station Carlos linked to, so that is probably pretty dope.
-
Since you are kind of considering a move or work in Japan: http://www.gaijinpot.com/ (http://www.gaijinpot.com/)
i am not looking for an actual job there, just to get some assignments to go back and write, but this reminds me, maybe i should use some of the time to study my japanese.
-
yo is this racist is the only other site I go to regularly. It is awesome.
that guy is a truly excellent writer.
-
Live like a wolf, howl at the moon and eat stuff raw until some asshole shoots you and stuffs your ass.
no thanks, if i was a wolf with a broken wrist i'd already be dead.
-
And this for a laff: http://touamb.com/images/onstad/
oh why do we have this how creepy of us.
-
Okay, let's see...
Youngish men pretend to be an ancient serial killer who really understands how science fiction movies are supposed to work here: http://redlettermedia.com/ (http://redlettermedia.com/)
That's kinda fun.
-
Turn-based HTML game with fun writing. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/ (http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/)
Play This Thing is an excellent blog reviewing little indie games and big board games. Most stuff immediately playable.
Their review turned me on to "Passage." It's a poignant flash game that's hopefully small enough to not crash your machine.
http://playthisthing.com/passage (http://playthisthing.com/passage)
-
You know about Shorpy (http://www.shorpy.com/), right? I could spend half a day paging through those archives.
-
In this picture (http://www.shorpy.com/node/7457?size=_original#caption) from 1900, the building in the background on the right side of the street, above the streetcar, is in the spot where I make coffee drinks. There was a big preservation battle but in the end they demolished that building to build a parking garage, and then built a grocery store on the first floor a few years later. There is still an Erker's Eyewear on this street. There is considerably less traffic these days, unfortunately.
-
You know about Shorpy (http://www.shorpy.com/), right? I could spend half a day paging through those archives.
I do. If you ever break something and need links, you should check out this site of a guy who comments there:
http://www.morningsonmaplestreet.com/contents1.html (http://www.morningsonmaplestreet.com/contents1.html)
-
In this picture (http://www.shorpy.com/node/7457?size=_original#caption) from 1900, the building in the background on the right side of the street, above the streetcar, is in the spot where I make coffee drinks. There was a big preservation battle but in the end they demolished that building to build a parking garage, and then built a grocery store on the first floor a few years later.
Sometimes the before and after pictures you can see on this site are just too heartbreaking to bear.
-
The useless web. (http://www.theuselessweb.com/)