The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

The Wide World of Webcomics => Not Daisy Owl => Topic started by: side_show on December 22, 2012, 04:25:47 am

Title: American Elf, going out with style and dignity.
Post by: side_show on December 22, 2012, 04:25:47 am
I know a few of you are also fans of American Elf, so in case you aren't up to speed, this daily diary comic is coming to an end after 14 years, and I wanted to note that Kochalka is  going out with style and dignity. (http://www.americanelf.com/comics/americanelf.php?view=single&ID=43782)  Both in the comic and on his forum, he is saying good-bye poignantly, and in a way that feels right to me, as a reader who has been with him all the long.
Title: Re: American Elf, going out with style and dignity.
Post by: theinevitable on December 22, 2012, 05:00:01 am
Awesome. I like this comic. I did not know it was ending. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Title: Re: American Elf, going out with style and dignity.
Post by: wombat on December 22, 2012, 02:42:47 pm
I was never able to get into this strip, but I salute him for this.
Title: Re: American Elf, going out with style and dignity.
Post by: pmcd9 on December 22, 2012, 06:15:21 pm
I'd never heard of this strip.
Title: Re: American Elf, going out with style and dignity.
Post by: side_show on December 25, 2012, 04:52:17 am
Well, if you'd like to read a strip a day for the next fourteen years, you're set.  Kochalka is the anti-Onstad in a lot of ways, consistency being one.  Healthy relationships with his readers is another.