The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: jay-ell on January 16, 2013, 02:17:59 am
-
So, Pedro wants to take his BFF someplace fun for a weekend. He's having a birthday next weekend and he's going through a divorce, and Pedro wants to spend some time with him, get him out of town, and lift his spirits.
It can't be too expensive, and the BFF isn't drinking right now (so a trip like the one I took *my* BFF on last year is no good). All the places I can think of are either too expensive (NYC), romantic couple's retreats (mountain cabin), or closed for the winter (theme parks, campsites).
Suggestions from the guys?
-
The Tech Staff would suggest they go cross-country skiing. Dunno how far you'd have to go with the weather we've been having. Maybe downhill skiing, where they make snow, and your friend could get distracted from his troubles by breaking his leg or something?
-
Suggestions from the guys?
Don't call it a Bromance Weekend?
I kid. Really I don't have any suggestions, sorry. All I do is go to concerts and drink with my friends.
-
If it was me and my buddy, Buddy, we'd probably take a road trip to a concert or just get in the car and drive south until we got a wild hair about someplace to stop.
Go to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum in Gatlinburg. See Rock City.
-
buy some roll caps and pop them with a hammer?
seriously though, both my main dudes live in UT and the things we like doing together the most involve TV and eating/cooking together. sedentary bros for life.
-
If skiing is a good fit I could hook each of them up with half-priced tickets to Jackson hole as well as discounted housing and ski rentals. Getting here is the rub, though.
-
Get some hookers.
-
Laser tag
-
Both?
-
buy some roll caps and pop them with a hammer?
OMG it's been so long since I've done that.
-
Skiing is not a bad suggestion. Money is the issue there, I think.
Concerts are not bad either. I'll look into the regional offerings -- the BFF is a music lover.
-
Atlantic City?
Hockey game?
Artcar parade?
-
...Make tender love on a blanket over the new snow under a tree naked of it leaves at sunset to wrap up the best day ever.
That's what bromance means, right? I'm not sure about these modern mashed-up words anymore. Anyways, that's how we rolled in the old days.
i guess being someones bro used to mean a lot more than it does now...... hm.
-
The trees aren't all that's naked in that scenario.
-
Stringing together paper caps to make homebrew firecrackers was a great childhood hobby of mine.
-
Jim Gaffigan is going to be in town in March. Maybe they'll do that?
-
Jim Gaffigan is going to be in town in March. Maybe they'll do that?
They should. They can eat Hot Pockets beforehand.
-
They can eat Hot Pockets beforehand.
And bacon and cake afterwards.
-
And listen to this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVt8kUAm9Q) during!