The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on February 13, 2013, 10:44:12 pm

Title: Amazon Reviews
Post by: pmcd9 on February 13, 2013, 10:44:12 pm
We've all seen the wacky Amazon reviews for the Huntzler 571 Banana Slicer (http://www.amazon.com/Hutzler-5717-571-Banana-Slicer/dp/B0047E0EII/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1360795141&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=banana+slicer). Today I learned about Fresh Whole Rabbit (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00012182G/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk?tag=hydfbook0e-20&ascsubtag=US-SAGE-1358601370390-SJEOP) and Tuscan Whole Milk (http://www.amazon.com/Tuscan-Whole-Milk-Gallon-128/dp/B00032G1S0/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1360795019&sr=1-1&keywords=tuscan+milk). Funny Stuff.

I'm guessing this is about to become a really popular trend, to leave funny reviews for products on Amazon, which will of course ruin it.
Title: Re: Amazon Reviews
Post by: wombat on February 13, 2013, 10:52:28 pm
People have done this to books also.
http://www.amazon.com/Avoid-Huge-Ships-John-Trimmer/dp/0870334336 (http://www.amazon.com/Avoid-Huge-Ships-John-Trimmer/dp/0870334336)
Title: Re: Amazon Reviews
Post by: greenkoolayd on February 14, 2013, 12:17:43 am
its been a thing for some time, but i dont know how trendy.
Title: Re: Amazon Reviews
Post by: pmcd9 on February 14, 2013, 12:41:27 am
I thought that was the only useful purpose (http://www.amazon.com/review/R21YJL68AV4XOP/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm) of this review krep.

I guess the closest I've ever done to something like that would be this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/6720877675/in/set-72157628922468925/lightbox/).
Title: Re: Amazon Reviews
Post by: wombat on February 14, 2013, 01:07:19 am
I sure wish there was some way to post that in an Amazon review.
Title: Re: Amazon Reviews
Post by: pmcd9 on February 14, 2013, 01:23:44 am
I sure wish there was some way to post that in an Amazon review.

Maybe. I know you can add a photo (http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/0399536973/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0&isremote=0) to a product listing.
Title: Re: Amazon Reviews
Post by: wombat on February 14, 2013, 02:06:44 am
OMG.

I wonder if anyone at Amazon ever looks at the customer photos?
Title: Re: Amazon Reviews
Post by: jaydub on February 14, 2013, 10:36:29 pm
Quality.
Title: Re: Amazon Reviews
Post by: side_show on February 15, 2013, 03:00:42 am
There's  this website (http://www.uhpinions.com/) dedicated to funny reviews.  Some of them are pretty fantastic. 
Title: Re: Amazon Reviews
Post by: jay-ell on February 15, 2013, 08:20:48 pm
Hey guys i found this great recipe you've got to check it out:

http://www.food.com/recipe/ice-cubes-420398 (http://www.food.com/recipe/ice-cubes-420398)