The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: jough on March 02, 2013, 11:36:58 pm

Title: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: jough on March 02, 2013, 11:36:58 pm
So for the first 4-5 years of the board I literally read every single post, and then life got busy when I started working a day job and it just hasn't let up.

What've I missed for the past, say, four and a half years? Apparently in that time Achewood ended (sorta), Wombat became a published author, other people did things, moved places, and have abandoned the board and come back.

Sum it up for me, people. I'm a busy man.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: wombat on March 02, 2013, 11:49:36 pm
You are back just in time for the possible resurrection of Achewood as animation.
http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,6408.0/topicseen.html (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,6408.0/topicseen.html)
Is that what inspired you or is this just a cosmic coincidence?
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: theinevitable on March 02, 2013, 11:50:23 pm
I am gonna meet Hobot and Misterqueue in a few weeks at Misterqueue's birthday party.

I finished school, now I live in St Louis and work at a grocery store. I come on here and have Emotions about it sometimes.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: wombat on March 03, 2013, 12:01:38 am
There's something that happened: Hobot and Misterqueue are living together!

Let's see. Did JL have two kids last time you were here?
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: side_show on March 03, 2013, 12:34:51 am
I got married a while back to the same guy I've always been with since before Achewood was a thing.  I'm currently knocked up with our first baby, due in June.  It's been a high risk pregnancy but we're pretty sure the little one is okay, though I'm struggling.  I am on hiatus as a writer and artist although my last play is in the process of getting published.  I have worked coordinating a mentorship program for high risk youth for just under three years.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 03, 2013, 01:24:08 am
I get high in a different place.

(I always thought I had better taste.)
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: AugustWest on March 03, 2013, 03:49:41 am
My kids are pretty much grown.  I lost 75 pounds and got in shape.  I am boring and middle aged.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 03, 2013, 04:27:49 am
I am broke back in the town I grew up in again, now, instead of Los Angeles or Brooklyn but I got a new lady friend and I am getting some poetry published here and there.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: jay-ell on March 03, 2013, 06:00:51 am
I think Jough was around for the beginning of my second kid, and we're on the faceplace so unless he's blocked me he can't really avoid it.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: linnea on March 03, 2013, 07:24:58 am
I moved to a remote location and now I am returning to my homeland because I got a new job in my hometown. The move is stressing me out a little.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: pmcd9 on March 03, 2013, 07:32:29 am
I still take a lot of pictures.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: Doc on March 03, 2013, 07:52:33 pm
Now when I put my finger up an old dude's ass I'm getting paid.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: miles on March 03, 2013, 10:28:14 pm
Now when I put my finger up an old dude's ass I'm getting paid.

There's a joke about male prostitution here somewhere... gimme a minute...
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: dejavroom on March 06, 2013, 05:39:55 pm
I'm still a cantankerous bastard.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 07, 2013, 05:02:00 pm
So for the first 4-5 years of the board I literally read every single post, and then life got busy when I started working a day job and it just hasn't let up.

What've I missed for the past, say, four and a half years? Apparently in that time Achewood ended (sorta), Wombat became a published author, other people did things, moved places, and have abandoned the board and come back.

Sum it up for me, people. I'm a busy man.

This is now the best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zysLw8kJVnE

No other changes. Except we're all necrophiliac bronies now.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: jaydub on March 07, 2013, 07:40:37 pm
Despite accumulating 42 days of time on TOUAMB, I am still in the "who cares?" category of users.  Also, we don't talk about Daisy Owl nearly as much as we used to.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: miles on March 08, 2013, 04:00:04 am
Despite accumulating 42 days of time on TOUAMB, I am still in the "who cares?" category of users.  Also, we don't talk about Daisy Owl nearly as much as we used to.

Man, I miss Daisy Owl more than Achewood.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: jaydub on March 08, 2013, 05:25:49 pm
(http://touamb.com/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=746;type=avatar)

I can't remember who made the original drawing of TOUAMB caricatures (Bobby?), but I thought Victoria Waterfield's isolation of this one to represent all the non-OG's was brilliant.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: pmcd9 on March 08, 2013, 05:45:41 pm
Yeah, that was Bobby.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: jaydub on March 09, 2013, 01:58:19 am
Welcome to the Fibromyalgia category of TOUAMB denizens.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: pmcd9 on March 09, 2013, 03:24:48 am
Hey, you Who Cares dudes got it easy. I was depicted as a walrus with a camera.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 09, 2013, 05:25:28 am
(http://touamb.com/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=746;type=avatar)

I can't remember who made the original drawing of TOUAMB caricatures (Bobby?), but I thought Victoria Waterfield's isolation of this one to represent all the non-OG's was brilliant.

Ha. I found that drawing fairly recently. It was damaged beyond repair.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: linnea on March 10, 2013, 07:43:07 pm
Huh, I don't even remember that drawing. I must have been represented by the WHO CARES graphic.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: wombat on March 10, 2013, 08:31:23 pm
I used to have a printout of that drawing but I can't find it and now that is making me very cross.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: Mr Trout on March 11, 2013, 01:41:22 am
I used to have a desk job at an animation studio but now I live in a trailer in Wyoming and ski every day. My current goal in life is to have the best goggle tan imaginable.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: linnea on March 12, 2013, 04:36:37 am
Trout, I thought you were British? Is that a Thing, or what? glad you're enjoying the skiing. I only ever got to go snowmachining in WY.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: jaydub on March 12, 2013, 03:53:35 pm
You're thinking of Rowboat.  Trout is a tall skinny American.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: Mr Trout on March 12, 2013, 04:04:19 pm
Nope, not British. Born and raised in the states.

Did you take the snowmobiles into yellowsrone? I really want to rent one and go on a midnight trip to a local hot springs. It is 10 miles down an unplowed road that is inaccessible to wheeled vehicles from November through June.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: Pedro Picasso on March 12, 2013, 07:34:07 pm
Jay-ell neglected to mention that she became an internationally published magazine article writer before taking a hiatus and is working part-time (den mothering) at a forever-not-quite-dead-yet board game store filled with adorable nerds.

I've started playing hockey video-games and sporadically posting images here again. I did that before. I'm doing it again. That's pretty much my only change.



Maybe I should update my avatar.
Title: Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
Post by: linnea on March 14, 2013, 01:47:26 am
Nope, not British. Born and raised in the states.

Did you take the snowmobiles into yellowsrone? I really want to rent one and go on a midnight trip to a local hot springs. It is 10 miles down an unplowed road that is inaccessible to wheeled vehicles from November through June.

Yeah, Yellowstone and it was cold as hell. i was 16 and mad that my old man wouldn't let me drive the snowmachine. They call them snowmobiles in CO, since the AK I just call them snowmachines. I enjoyed it.