The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: palm trees on January 14, 2004, 10:41:22 pm

Title: question about serializer
Post by: palm trees on January 14, 2004, 10:41:22 pm
can you buy back issues? i.e. just pay as much as you would need to have paid had you been paying from the beginning?
because of course if i ever get out of negative money, i'd be right there.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: CortJstr on January 14, 2004, 10:45:06 pm
You get to see everything as soon as you subscribe. So you could buy a single month and read everything that's ever been on Serializer. Then come back in a year and do it again. The only reason to maintain a subscription is to see the stuff while it's still new.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: palm trees on January 15, 2004, 09:23:41 am
even better than i thought. that's gonna happen damn soon.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 15, 2004, 11:04:29 pm
Quote from: "palm trees"
even better than i thought. that's gonna happen damn soon.


It's actually not all that great, unless you LOVE Nate Small.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: ferocious j on January 15, 2004, 11:22:32 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
It's actually not all that great, unless you LOVE Nate Small.

I don't know what you're talking about; this week's strip was great.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 16, 2004, 02:56:42 am
Quote from: "ferocious j"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
It's actually not all that great, unless you LOVE Nate Small.

I don't know what you're talking about; this week's strip was great.


This week was the exception. Nate Small reminded me of when I was young and would read the Three Investigators because I was too cool for the Hardy Boys and that just brought back memories of my childhood and next thing you know, i'm doing charcoal sketches of  Optimus Prime being crucified:

(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/chiaro_art/optimus2.jpg)

(http://www.bobbyisosceles.com/chiaro_art/optimus2_closeup.jpg)

which goes to show that I fuck*ng HATE NATE SMALL. But the rest of the Achewood stuff is OK, and Serializer is chump change, and Onstad's a good guy who definitely deserves to be underwritten, so I deal with it.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: jough on January 16, 2004, 04:37:58 am
Bobby, that is beautiful.  If you could provide a higher res. scan I'd like to use that as my desktop background.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 16, 2004, 04:41:50 am
Quote from: "jough"
Bobby, that is beautiful.  If you could provide a higher res. scan I'd like to use that as my desktop background.


And to think you threatened me yesterday for being a post lurker. :)

I will need a scanner first, and will wait on that (the only digital camera/scanner type object I've had since the old NeXT SCSI scanner is my cell phone). Once that's in, hi-res optimus for all!
Title: question about serializer
Post by: V-Adore on January 16, 2004, 05:14:42 am
Optimus Christ is the savior of our times. And remarkably well-drawn, too.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 16, 2004, 12:48:24 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Optimus Christ is the savior of our times. And remarkably well-drawn, too.


The creative process is the best part. I'm singing a terrible terrible parody of "In the Year 2525" while i'm doing it

Quote

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
... He'll kick your ass

In the year 3510
... he'll come back and kick your ass again
No use begging, he's packing heat
Gonna fill your ass with his booted feet

...

Now it's been 10,000 years
And we have cried a million tears
Out of our worst fears
He totally beat the shit out of you fuck*ng queers

Title: question about serializer
Post by: wombat on January 16, 2004, 05:26:04 pm
I just want to say that I am glad Mr Isoceles has rejoined us.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: andalucia on January 17, 2004, 09:02:35 pm
Egad, good sir, I tip my hat to you.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 18, 2004, 01:18:11 am
Quote from: "wombat"
I just want to say that I am glad Mr Isoceles has rejoined us.


If you like Achewood you'll love Dinosaur Comics:

http://www.qwantz.com/


Chris should definitely get Ryan North to guest for him.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 18, 2004, 01:26:58 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "wombat"
I just want to say that I am glad Mr Isoceles has rejoined us.


If you like Achewood you'll love Dinosaur Comics:

http://www.qwantz.com/


Chris should definitely get Ryan North to guest for him.


OOH and they have their own UBB! Takeover anyone? :)
Title: question about serializer
Post by: AugustWest on January 18, 2004, 02:30:09 am
Pssst -- Mr. 2 Congruent Sides, 2 Congruent Angles, you should check out this thread (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=214)
Title: question about serializer
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 18, 2004, 02:35:44 am
Great, August, THANKS A LOT, now the crazy looking guy with the big knife is gonna stalk me for dissin' that comic.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 18, 2004, 03:06:33 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Great, August, THANKS A LOT, now the crazy looking guy with the big knife is gonna stalk me for dissin' that comic.


This is what I get for disappearing off the face of the earth.

um

LOOK OVER THERE



(http://www.failuretothrive.org/birthday/images/DSCF0003_JPG.jpg)

(runs)
Title: question about serializer
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 18, 2004, 03:09:52 am
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

um

LOOK OVER THERE

(runs)


OMG HE IS BEING FELLATED BY CHRISTMAS CTHULHU

(http://www.obscura.org/misc/20031227_chiaroscuro/images/DSC_0145.jpg)
Title: question about serializer
Post by: AugustWest on January 18, 2004, 05:37:59 am
I LOVE YOU, MAN!!!
Title: question about serializer
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 18, 2004, 02:53:07 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I LOVE YOU, MAN!!!


All your base are belong to us.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: V-Adore on January 18, 2004, 06:38:52 pm
The HELL is this.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 18, 2004, 06:43:58 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
The HELL is this.


WELCOME TO OUR THREAD
Title: question about serializer
Post by: wombat on January 18, 2004, 08:46:48 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"


This is what I get for disappearing off the face of the earth.



I had been meaning to steal a quote from your LiveJournal to use as a sig (with proper attribution of course) so when you came back you'd be wondering whatall else we'd been doing with your stuff.  Going through your drawers, writing on the walls with magic marker, eating everything in the fridge...

But then I remembered the scary guy with the knife and I chickened out.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 18, 2004, 08:49:02 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"


This is what I get for disappearing off the face of the earth.



I had been meaning to steal a quote from your LiveJournal to use as a sig (with proper attribution of course) so when you came back you'd be wondering whatall else we'd been doing with your stuff.  Going through your drawers, writing on the walls with magic marker, eating everything in the fridge...

But then I remembered the scary guy with the knife and I chickened out.


For future reference, Joey (knife guy) is more likely to stab himself with the knife than anything else. This is because he has shocked himself, burned himself, and nearly drowned himself in my presence.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: slink on January 18, 2004, 08:52:45 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
This is because he has shocked himself, burned himself, and nearly drowned himself in my presence.


This just made me think of a splendid quote I saw on a TV program my mate once showed me.

"Do you know how many fires this guy's started?"
"Two electrical, one chemical and one the even surprised myself."

I once knew a guy just like that. His flat was a truly amusing place to be on drugs.
Title: question about serializer
Post by: V-Adore on January 18, 2004, 09:26:37 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"

For future reference, Joey (knife guy) is more likely to stab himself with the knife than anything else. This is because he has shocked himself, burned himself, and nearly drowned himself in my presence.

I definitely know a guy like that -- he has, among other things, electrocuted himself (by removing the power supply from a computer without, I dunno, TURNING THE COMPUTER OFF) and almost killed himself fighting a dead TV, while chatting about it on IRC the whole time. (http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/s/j/sjs288/Ancient_Logs_Of_Ancientness/Micah_Vs._The_TV.txt)
Title: question about serializer
Post by: CortJstr on January 19, 2004, 02:21:44 am
I just had the friend that whenever we'd get together as kids he's always suffer a minor injury. He'd leap over the couch and hit his head on the coffee table, take a carboard brick to the eye, and walk funny for an hour after somebody else applied a Sharpshooter to him. Sometimes all in the same sleepover.