The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Paisley on January 15, 2004, 08:42:33 pm
-
You want anything from Subway?
Doesn't Ray know Beef's voice? Or was he disguising it? Or is Ray just even more clueless when drunk, things coming at him all out of context?
Brup, indeed.
-
Belching letters and words, a fine collegiate pastime.
I mean, uh, who would ever do such a gross thing.
-
For a second, given the placement of the sound effect, I thought Ray had swallowed his phone in some sort of act of inebriated bravado.
I do like the implied previous activity here -- Why was Ray burping his name? Is someone else there?
Also: Beef's car. PROPER.
-
He's just practicing, isn't he? Come on guys, admit it, you do stuff like that.
-
Ray is a mystery of classy, wrapped in a cloak of the obscene with a maraschino cherry of clueless on top, all at once in this strip.
ENOUGH WITH THE HOITY-TOITY ANALYSIS ALREADY
for crying out loud i just ate my dinner
-
Finer points:
* the A is a mere "brip" compared to the meatier consonants
* Ray actually seems a little surprised and peeved that the phone would interupt him
* he doesn't appear to be drinking anything carbonated
* the whole radio slogan is used. Ray is apparently completely pulled in by their siren's song of advertising
* Beef is in his own car but still wearing his disguise hat
-
Ray is a mystery of classy, wrapped in a cloak of the obscene with a maraschino cherry of clueless on top, all at once in this strip.
And you, Asherdan, are a double scoop of eloquent with hot awesome sauce and genius sprinkles.
Other notes:
Oh man ray this is the car from Peel-Out Summer (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11252002)
Is there still a Subway open in Achewood?
I also thought Ray had swallowed his phone for a split-second.
I love that Ray is belching the letters of his name while wearing a cravat and drinking a martini
-
Ray is a mystery of classy, wrapped in a cloak of the obscene with a maraschino cherry of clueless on top, all at once in this strip.
Or else he's just a big semi-lovable dope.
-
Choop, your new .sig file is ruining the message board for everyone.
Please change it. OR I WILL.
-
Is there still a Subway open in Achewood?
Well, only Vlad's got shut down. Even if you assume that Todd's is out of commission due to Todd being in Hell, presumably Lyle's is still open for business. It'd explain where he has the money for, say, crabs.
-
Choop, your new .sig file is ruining the message board for everyone.
Please change it. OR I WILL.
Jough, I changed it after I read a post with it, well before 18:22 on 15jan2004 - probably closer to 16:30.
If the four lines aren't working for you, let's continue this discourse via PM, shall we?
And thanks for the threat alert.
-
haha, beef's attempts at spy-style suave foiled by ray's laymanship and knowledge of radio stations that give out cookies.
priceless.
-
The cigarette smoke incident (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08292003), the distinctive signature (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11042002), and now this. Here we have a cat who will just not stop until everyone is convinced that Ray is the best name for anyone ever.
So good that I can't even bring myself to be disappointed at the lack of Tintin: Land of Black Gold-style BHOOOP action (followed by bubbles, skin discolouration, beard down to the knees)