The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on June 23, 2013, 11:46:19 pm

Title: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: pmcd9 on June 23, 2013, 11:46:19 pm
Beautiful baby girl. Pics up on Facebook.
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 23, 2013, 11:57:30 pm
Beautiful baby girl. Pics up on Facebook.
Oh yeah?
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: jaydub on June 24, 2013, 01:34:46 am
Happy Delivery Day!
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: pmcd9 on June 24, 2013, 01:39:19 am
Solstice baby. Child of the sun!
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: AugustWest on June 24, 2013, 01:59:24 am
Hooray!  Hooray for Lil' Baby Smells!
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: wombat on June 24, 2013, 02:41:02 am
Welcome Tokyo Baby!
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: Choop on June 24, 2013, 02:53:52 am
hey congrats! idk how you people do it, but good for you.
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: theinevitable on June 24, 2013, 03:23:12 am
Couldn't have happened to a nicer kid.
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 24, 2013, 05:24:59 am
Congrizzilfications!
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on June 24, 2013, 10:30:03 am
Nice!
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: Doc on June 24, 2013, 10:43:11 am
Can't wait for Smells to tell her this story.
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: lprkn on June 25, 2013, 03:12:32 am
Oh man, sorry I missed this. Congratulations!
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 25, 2013, 01:37:33 pm
Excellent news. Congrats.
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: side_show on June 28, 2013, 05:34:03 pm
Thanks guys!  She is an astonishing little cuddle bug, and we love her to bits. She was born on her due date, a week ago on the first day of summer, despite FIVE attempts at induction on Sunday through Thursday.  We managed to avoid a C section, which was touch and go during a tough delivery. I am so blissed out!  More when I'm not out of my head with exhaustion!
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: jay-ell on June 29, 2013, 02:24:16 am
I said it on facebook, but I'll say it again here: Congrats, Smells! Post pics and stories as you have time.
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: side_show on July 10, 2013, 09:00:58 pm
Here she is!
(http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j362/SideShowMelanie/ZeldaBea-workemailphoto_zpsc41e6ada.jpg)
I can't stand the cuteness.

Things are starting to normalize a bit, it's a new normal and a total change of how to live(as expected), but in all sorts of wonderful ways, and life is good. 
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: greenkoolayd on July 11, 2013, 12:38:31 am
she is a heartbreaker.
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: theinevitable on July 11, 2013, 03:07:18 am
I hope you are kissing that baby like crazy, because it would be super weird if I did it. That is a very cuddle-able face.
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: wombat on July 11, 2013, 12:48:05 pm
I want to say that stupid thing people say, that she actually looks like you. Am I crazy?
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: pmcd9 on July 11, 2013, 12:51:54 pm
I want to say that stupid thing people say, that she actually looks like you. Am I crazy?

I think she does... and Winston Churchill, but that's all babies.
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: jay-ell on July 11, 2013, 04:03:39 pm
I want to say that stupid thing people say, that she actually looks like you. Am I crazy?

No, she really does. So adorable -- looks like a happy kid! Of course, who wouldn't be -- she must know that she has wonderful parents who love her like crazy.
Title: Re: Congratulations Mama Smells!!!
Post by: side_show on July 12, 2013, 07:58:55 pm
I want to say that stupid thing people say, that she actually looks like you. Am I crazy?

Yes, she really, really does, which adds to the "you are tasked with keeping this tiny person alive" stress, because she's a little mini me staring back at me, all innocent and totally trusting.  Imagine a tiny, helpless version of yourself that you carry around and feed with one of your bodily fluids.  If parenting weren't an every day occurrence, the weirdness of it would be something out of a David Lynch film.  She stares at my face, I stare back - mirroring without a mirror.  "I'm a little you!  You wouldn't hurt a little you, would you?" It's actually a really weird test of ego, and definitely a tad surreal. 

She looks entirely like me, but she sleeps and farts like my hubby - hard in both cases.  I've been in so many situations with friends where they are wondering if their kid has pooped, sniffing butts, unbundling to check, etc.  There is no question of that with this kid so far - she sharts so loud I hear it across the room, while the dish washer is going and I'm running sink.

As for kisses, I kiss her so much.  So many baby kisses.

Much of this post was typed with my right hand, while holding her with the other.