The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: slink on January 16, 2004, 12:44:52 pm
-
Wow. I just totally love the dialogue in todays.
"...get a little bit twisty on Jäger and chilly Stellas!"
And the origami Beef. Man, how long til we see a link replacing the lego rabbit ambulance for someone who has made an origami Roast Beef?
If I had more willpower and less self-respect I'd do it myself!
Oh, and the alt-text. Pure joy.
-
I think I see a new T-Shirt in the making... And I'd hella buy that one.
-
Sigh, even Beef doesn't know the difference between hacking and cracking. This makes me a little sad.
-
Sigh, even Beef doesn't know the difference between hacking and cracking. This makes me a little sad.
One day you'll decide that it's too far gone. It simply isn't worth continuing the pretense that there is a difference, and life becomes a little less painful.
I'm still working on oh so many other's of a similair ilk however.
-
Ay yi yi. I don't know that I like Angry Beef.
I mean, not that he's never allowed to be angry. But that's just not the quintessential image of Beef, and not the one I'd like on a t-shirt.
-
But that's just not the quintessential image of Beef, and not the one I'd like on a t-shirt.
I don't know, I quite want a T of Beef saying "Fuck you, Ray" from the unused welcome home from the rocket experience strip.
-
I wouldn't mind a shirt like the last panel, but I would rather it said Mr. R. Beef Kazenzakis...
-
I, too, would prefer "Mr. R. Beef Kazenzakis" on my Angry Beef shirt.
I still don't entirely get the alt text of this strip. But that's okay.
-
I, too, would prefer "Mr. R. Beef Kazenzakis" on my Angry Beef shirt.
I still don't entirely get the alt text of this strip. But that's okay.
A demi-lune is like a circular table cut in half maybe, with four legs. I think. And I think Gustavian is just a style of furniture, Swedish or something. It's in the third panel.
-
A demi-lune is like a circular table cut in half maybe, with four legs. I think. And I think Gustavian is just a style of furniture, Swedish or something. It's in the third panel.
Here's one. Your tax dollars at at work.
Fifth one down:
Gustavian Demi-lune (http://www.markmaynard.co.uk/tables_web/t_index.htm)
-
Sigh, even Beef doesn't know the difference between hacking and cracking. This makes me a little sad.
One day you'll decide that it's too far gone. It simply isn't worth continuing the pretense that there is a difference, and life becomes a little less painful.
I'm still working on oh so many other's of a similair ilk however.
My 2001 AP guide had a little section warning about using hack to mean crack but I'm betting even the Associated Press has given in to popular usage by now.
-
Also lune can mean a crazy outburst. So it could be Beef's half crazy outburst in the style of some nice antiquated furnitiure. It's what they'd call it if you were told on antiques roadshow that your 'priceless Faberge' is actually a fake, and you went postal.
Or some such.
And I'm sure at least 2600 hasn't caved to popular mis... mis... damn I've not had enough sleep to remember words anymore.
-
What is the difference between 'hack' and 'crack'?
Has it something to do with being in the physical presence of the computer you're trying to access?
:?
-
What is the difference between 'hack' and 'crack'?
Has it something to do with being in the physical presence of the computer you're trying to access?
:?
simple answer: hack = good/neutral stuff, crack = bad stuff
explanation:
a hacker is somebody who takes stuff apart to see how it work or to improve it. While this is sometimes technically illegal no harm is ever intended and generally the only people affected are the hacker and its friends.
a cracker is somebody who breaks into systems with the intention of harm. They steal data, created denial of service attacks, spread viruses, that sort of thing.
The problem is most reporters have no idea there are two separate words and have corrupted "hacker" to mean all those things and you have to use context to figure out which they mean (even though they almost always mean crack). For this reason some circles have switched over to "whitehat hackers" which are the tradition hackers, and "blackhat hackers" who are actually crackers.
-
The problem is most reporters have no idea there are two separate words
Which has also caused in large part for hacker to come to mean anything involving, well, hacking, be it good or bad. Cracking to mean breaking software so as to use it illegally, and phreaking to mean what cracking really is.
The whole thing has become another of English's great big fuck ups, and like all of them they really piss off the people involved be it on the perophary or nay.
-
"Mr. R. Beef Kazenzakis" would look good on an apron used when makin' gyros.
-
He's right. As an Apron, that would actually kind of rock.