The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: oball on August 16, 2013, 09:54:03 am

Title: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: oball on August 16, 2013, 09:54:03 am
PUNK ROCK (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08152013)
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: pmcd9 on August 16, 2013, 10:44:33 am
Good Lord!
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: pmcd9 on August 16, 2013, 10:48:03 am
Also, I didn't realize this was a new comic thread until the link opened. I've become so unaccustomed to it.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: wombat on August 16, 2013, 11:47:26 am
I'm speechless.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: oball on August 16, 2013, 01:10:08 pm
Those last four panels are just perfect
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: dejavroom on August 16, 2013, 01:25:40 pm
Forgive the profanity, but Jesus' fig, Ray's face in the end. I don't guffaw, and I just guffawed.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: AugustWest on August 16, 2013, 01:46:51 pm
OK, that was good.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: Choop on August 16, 2013, 02:14:31 pm
holy heck, i laughed at a new achewood! i didn't even know i'd time traveled back to 2007
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: CortJstr on August 16, 2013, 02:53:19 pm
And that friends, is why Ray now takes all medicine (including Tums) as a suppository.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 16, 2013, 02:57:51 pm
Yeah, good ending there, "For fuck's sake Ray" would have been an appropriate response as well, but that probably wasn't a turn of phrase back then.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: pmcd9 on August 16, 2013, 03:03:02 pm
Very funny.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 16, 2013, 03:50:46 pm
Ladies and gentlemen:

You have finally seen, on-camera, the infamous Commodore.

(http://i.imgur.com/j74SykU.gif)
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: jaydub on August 16, 2013, 04:31:30 pm
Were ear buds and boom boxes contemporaneous? Maybe since Ray is such a high-end dude he had them earlier than the rest of us.

Edit: Dialogue was hell of better in this one.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: lprkn on August 17, 2013, 12:02:44 am
Yeah, the earbuds felt out of place to me, too. Two strips inside of a week are almost too much to take, I don't know if I can handle this.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on August 17, 2013, 12:59:47 am
I wonder how much money you make if you have an mp3 on the Internet (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07032007) of the INSIDE of your butt?
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: Choop on August 17, 2013, 05:47:47 am
if there are another six strips in the next two months i will buy a hat made of something edible and consume it after cooking it.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: sensate on August 20, 2013, 02:56:30 am
It's like he got his voice back. The two previous installments were tortured cries for harm. This one is by the guy who wrote Achewood.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: oball on September 27, 2013, 09:04:30 am
if there are another six strips in the next two months i will buy a hat made of something edible and consume it after cooking it.

I'm holding you to this
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: jsv on September 27, 2013, 11:17:00 pm
if there are another six strips in the next two months i will buy a hat made of something edible and consume it after cooking it.

(I registered just to make this joke...)

A... pork pie hat?
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: Choop on October 03, 2013, 03:53:11 am
Shit.

well, i know how to make a bacon lattice, and a ballcap is an easy enough shape. it's gonna take me a couple weeks to hook up because i just got back from vacation and don't have any fun money left over.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: wombat on October 03, 2013, 12:20:07 pm
It can be cheap bacon, you know. It'll be just as much fun for us.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: Turbo Ninja on October 03, 2013, 03:26:20 pm
It can be cheap bacon, you know. It'll be just as much fun for us.

I would contribute to a Kickstarter for this.  Or, hell, come my next grocery trip I'll just buy extra bacon and mail it.  Now that I live in North Carolina (DID I MENTION THAT I LIVE HERE NOW?), bacon is practically free. 

Alaskans get that fat oil check once a year.  We get a box of bone-in pork chops delivered to our door by a smiling but weary Emeril Lagasse.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: jaydub on October 03, 2013, 05:56:37 pm
Glad you cracked that 666 posts seal, Turbo.  Some folks would suspend their accounts just to keep a particular number.  Which reminds me - Q owes us 2 posts.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: pmcd9 on October 03, 2013, 07:32:55 pm
It can be cheap bacon, you know. It'll be just as much fun for us.

I've always bought the cheap bacon. Last week I splurged and bought the good stuff. It was just as I suspicioned. The cheap stuff is just as good.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: nDed on October 03, 2013, 07:49:08 pm
I buy bacon ends and pieces because they're cheap and I don't care what my bacon looks like so long as I'm the one that's eating it.  Sometimes there's a huge chunk of pure bacon fat in there, which is just good news all around if you're saving up for some bacon grease pastry empanadas.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: pmcd9 on October 03, 2013, 10:38:37 pm
I buy bacon ends and pieces because they're cheap and I don't care what my bacon looks like so long as I'm the one that's eating it.  Sometimes there's a huge chunk of pure bacon fat in there, which is just good news all around if you're saving up for some bacon grease pastry empanadas.

Yeah, I used to buy the ends and pieces too, but now it's got maple bacon in it which fucks everything up.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 04, 2013, 02:01:06 pm
I buy bacon ends and pieces because they're cheap and I don't care what my bacon looks like so long as I'm the one that's eating it.  Sometimes there's a huge chunk of pure bacon fat in there, which is just good news all around if you're saving up for some bacon grease pastry empanadas.

Trader Joe's sells ends & pieces and they're surprisingly good. I don't know that I'd use that just when I want to eat plain ol' bacon, but in a dish where you need diced/chopped bacon (a nice pasta dish, or a braise where you're laying down some bacon fat before browning your roast), it's friggin' perfect.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: jaydub on October 04, 2013, 04:24:16 pm
Maple bacon is an abomination.  If I wanted that shit I'd let my bacon be contaminated by the maple syrup from the waffle or pancakes.  I accidentally picked up a pack of it one day at the store from inattentiveness.  Got out to the car and saw it while I was putting the groceries in the back.  I took it right back inside and exchanged it for thick-cut applewood smoked.  Damn, now I'm hungry.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: Choop on October 04, 2013, 04:30:54 pm
you know what's good? chipotle bacon. mix up like a quarter cup of brown sugar and half a teaspoon (or more) of ground chipotle, then dust your bacon with it and throw it in the oven for about 20 minutes. it's candied a little bit, but not like maple bacon, and it's spicy but nice, kind of like breakfast barbecue
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: Turbo Ninja on October 04, 2013, 05:33:56 pm
Glad you cracked that 666 posts seal, Turbo.  Some folks would suspend their accounts just to keep a particular number.  Which reminds me - Q owes us 2 posts.

I thought about sitting on 666 for a bit longer, but I wasn't sure how to call attention to that particular post count without posting about it, and I didn't think far enough in advance to give you all warning at #664 or so.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: jaydub on October 04, 2013, 05:59:05 pm
At 668, you are the neighbor of the beast.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: nDed on October 04, 2013, 06:00:01 pm
Could've photoshopped devil horns onto your avatar. Or a picture of Skeletor in a party hat.
Title: Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
Post by: Turbo Ninja on October 04, 2013, 09:17:02 pm
Or a picture of Skeletor in a party hat.

That is TRULY the limit.