The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on August 22, 2013, 04:41:50 am

Title: True Blood Title Sequence
Post by: pmcd9 on August 22, 2013, 04:41:50 am
The opening credits for True Blood are pretty great. Check it out here (http://youtu.be/kTQzVFZ68z8) if you've never seen it. It calls to mind for me the fantastic documentary Searching for the Wrong Eyed Jesus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Searching_for_the_Wrong-Eyed_Jesus). So I wasn't surprised when I read (http://www.watchthetitles.com/articles/00131-true_blood) that Wrong Eyed Jesus was a major influence on the look and feel of the sequence.
Title: Re: True Blood Title Sequence
Post by: jaydub on August 22, 2013, 04:56:28 pm
Wow, thanks for that Paul.  The title sequence is one of my favourite parts of that show.  My sister in law had been watching it for 2 years and prompting me to give it a try.  I was completely vamped out by Twilight and all of its knock offs splitting the seams of pop culture at the time so I didn't get around to it until the 3rd season.  Needless to say I was completely blown away by the powerful and poetic imagery - the dead fox time-lapse exploding into maggots and rot especially.  I found the series itself uneven in delivering on the promise of those credits, but I loves me some Anna Paquin.  I skipped last year's season - the fact that this year is supposed to be the last one might get me to watch some to see if the writing rallies for a good quality ending.
Title: Re: True Blood Title Sequence
Post by: pmcd9 on August 22, 2013, 08:15:46 pm
Yeah, the title sequence is better than the show itself. Although I am enjoying the show a lot as well. It's campy and fun. And like you, I really like Anna Paquin and the fact that she is frequently naked is a huge draw.