The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: jaydub on September 19, 2013, 12:15:42 am
-
Old-time boxer (http://www.latimes.com/obituaries/la-sp-sn-boxer-ken-norton-sr-dies-at-70-20130918,0,465488.story), who has had a rough couple years with congestive heart failure and a stroke, and finally died from complications. At first I thought the headline was about his son, Ken Norton, Jr, who played football for the Cowboys and the Niners (getting a Superbowl ring with each team). I remember Norton Jr had a touchdown celebration of working the padding around the bottom of the goal post like it was a heavy bag - which was a tribute to his dad. I caught a glimpse of him on Sunday on the Seattle Seahawk's sideline where he is an assistant coach now.
-
He beat Ali.
-
Ken Norton was part of the Greatest Generation of American Heavyweight fighters.
Put him on the wall of tough guys and burn a stogie.
Yeah, this. His other son, Keith, was a sports anchor here in Louisville for a while.