The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: ferocious j on January 16, 2004, 07:13:02 pm

Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: ferocious j on January 16, 2004, 07:13:02 pm
Here's your Subaru Brat:

(http://www.suckstevesballs.com/pornstars/jon/images/2004/brat.jpg)

Note the shirts being worn by myself and Dumbrella poster future_perfect:

(http://www.suckstevesballs.com/pornstars/jon/images/2004/bratcloseup.jpg)

I swear we did not plan this; it just happened.  We met with some other Dumbrella people and were eating lunch when we noticed the car parked outside the tacqueria.
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: CortJstr on January 16, 2004, 07:23:39 pm
If this forum had a Metal Steve icon it would be used right now.
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: AugustWest on January 16, 2004, 07:32:43 pm
Those are some mighty narrow glasses you got there, J.
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: jay-ell on January 16, 2004, 07:53:04 pm
*drools*
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: slink on January 16, 2004, 08:15:21 pm
Mmmmmm. Gold with lettering. Nice.
I'd drive a Brat now.
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: conure on January 17, 2004, 11:33:21 am
I'm sure we have a similar model in Australia- but here it was called "Bronco", or "Stallion" or something and marketed as a no-nonsense 4wd ute. Brat looks like it was marketed at an extremely narrow niche!
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: slink on January 17, 2004, 02:17:08 pm
Quote from: "conure"
I'm sure we have a similar model in Australia- but here it was called "Bronco", or "Stallion" or something and marketed as a no-nonsense 4wd ute. Brat looks like it was marketed at an extremely narrow niche!


Similarly the UK. I forget what it was called though. It had a detachable roof for the rear section made of some sort of lovely cream shaded plastic or something. And I think it was somewhat more angular and didn't have the bizarre windows.
A farm at the corner where I used to live had one.
And I think Stallion is ringing bells of sorts.
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: slink on January 17, 2004, 02:36:05 pm
Here are some wonderfully ill-fated Brats I thought you might enjoy...

(http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/brats/bratcolors/86-787b.jpg)
One of them killed some greek guy I heard.

(http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/brats/bratcolors/80-camo.jpg)
That I believe belonged to some guy who had especially bad taste, even for a  Michigan Militiaman. If you look really close you can see his kids stuffed toy in tha back with a bullet hole in it's cheek.

(http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/brats/bratcolors/79-lifted.jpg)
*snigger*

(http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/brats/bratcolors/83-pewter.jpg)
I love how in the late eighties the Brat turned into the Delorean-Brat.

(http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/brats/bratcolors/82-44.jpg)
Placing ferociousj's siting as a 1982 Aztec Gold Brat.

(http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/brats/bratcolors/87-544-2.jpg)
Holy christ it's not a fuck*ng Chevy man, paint it properly... Jesus...

(http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/brats/bratcolors/custom-brut-78DL.jpg)
The '78 Mildew Green Brut. Ok...
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: St_Zartan on January 17, 2004, 02:41:27 pm
HOLY SHIT, AZTEC GOLD

Somewhere, there is a vault, and in this vault are 1982's very best marketing and design supremos, sleeping dreamlessly, frozen in stasis. They will be thawed when they are most dearly needed.

AND THE TIME IS CLEARLY NOW
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: slink on January 17, 2004, 04:25:17 pm
That and:
Mild Yellow (for something that isn't bright but isn't mild enough to be pleasant)
Carmine Red (maybe if Uncle Carmine crosses the family)
Extra Black (what the fuck?)
Shiny Maroon (sounds like an unsuccesful 70's porn star)
Herb Green (that sounds like a TV presenter of the 80's, on one of those Discovery H&L type channels, who does various types of house-husbandry)
Grace Beige (Herb Green's wife no doubt, though she's too radical to be president of the local women's group)
Maple Beige (their daughter, although when she left home and went to college, she wanted desperately to fit in, so she changed her name to Iowa)
Astral Gold (is their favourite newspaper psychic/astrologer, who tends to write entries based on what colour underwear you're likely to be wearing on a given cycle of Mercury, and thusly what you'll be having for lunch)

And I was close with Mildew Green - they do a Moss Green.

Dear god, what have you done to me!
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: slink on January 17, 2004, 05:22:35 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"

Somewhere, there is a vault, and in this vault are 1982's very best marketing and design supremos, sleeping dreamlessly, frozen in stasis. They will be thawed when they are most dearly needed.


Not the Golgafrincham C Ark?
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: V-Adore on January 17, 2004, 06:26:30 pm
Oh, my god, that took me back -- the first car I am cognizant of was a Brat. In restrospect, I suspect it was either Mild Yellow or a bleached-to-hell Aztec Gold. (I think it eventually had stickers stuck to it, because I was a dumb kid with no concept of "scratch-n-sniff stickers' natural environment is not the door of the Brat.")
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: CortJstr on January 17, 2004, 06:46:23 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
HOLY SHIT, AZTEC GOLD

Somewhere, there is a vault, and in this vault are 1982's very best marketing and design supremos, sleeping dreamlessly, frozen in stasis. They will be thawed when they are most dearly needed.

AND THE TIME IS CLEARLY NOW


You're dangerously close to post 187 and I don't want to miss what the special title is. You'd better not blow it.
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: jough on January 17, 2004, 06:57:05 pm
Now that people have noticed it I have changed the super secret post number.

THANKS FOR BLOWING IT FOR EVERYONE, CORT.
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: jough on January 17, 2004, 07:16:08 pm
Quote from: St_Zartan
HOLY SHIT, AZTEC GOLD

"Aztec Gold" sounds like a really bad "As Seen On TV!" record featuring the best of the Aztec rock from the 70s:

(http://touamb.com/images/AztecGold.jpg)

Featuring such Aztec Gold hits as:

"Nahua Life (Teotihuacán Club Mix)" by Tenochca
"Toltec the Bitch" by the Chichimecs
"Calpulli Your Macehualles" by the Wetbacks
"Viva Las Tenochtitlan" by Tenchiolictic Chimectecacola
"I Met Her By the Wall of Skulls" by Human Sacrifice
"Let Your Sun Stone Fly" by Flat Earth Society
"Cuauhxicalli In My Stone Hut" by Bob Xiuhpohualli

and the ever popular:

"Revenge" by the Montezumas
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 17, 2004, 07:38:41 pm
Jough: Bravo.

That and Slink's Brat Retrospective are awesome.

Props to FeroJ for starting us down this path.
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: St_Zartan on January 18, 2004, 05:27:35 am
Jough, words fail me, and really have since I saw this post of yours this afternoon, but I just can't let it slip by without a few words of appreciation.

EXTREMELY. AWESOME.

WHOOMP! (SI LO ES)
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: slink on January 18, 2004, 05:33:01 am
That really is something stunning.
I feel I have to actually create a mix that would suit that cover art. Just in pure homage!
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: AugustWest on January 18, 2004, 05:40:25 am
Are we suckin' each other's dicks now?


In other news, that was hi-larious Jough.
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: V-Adore on January 18, 2004, 06:38:01 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Are we suckin' each other's dicks now?

Big words from "The c*ck Mightier."

That said, a proper mix for that cover would be a thing of beauty.
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: slink on January 18, 2004, 08:07:49 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"

Big words from "The c*ck Mightier."

That said, a proper mix for that cover would be a thing of beauty.


That's it. I have to do one then. And I'll send it out to people when it's done.
It'll take me a while, since I'll have to re-collect in mp3 some of the things I would put on it.
Gives me another project. Albeit a suitably geeky one.
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: andalucia on January 18, 2004, 08:24:22 pm
I am perishing of curiosity as to what you would put on such a mix, real-life Aztec disco hits being few and far between these days.
Title: WELCOME TO HELL
Post by: conure on January 19, 2004, 12:28:00 pm
All Aztec disco hits, all handbrake turns in the Brat, all Vuarnet shades

In Australia it was: the Brumby