The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: pmcd9 on October 24, 2013, 10:37:41 pm

Title: Moonbats
Post by: pmcd9 on October 24, 2013, 10:37:41 pm
I was about to post "Just listened to the Green Party and Socialist Party candidate for (Houston) mayor on the radio. What a couple of moonbats those two are." Well I thought better of posting something political on Facebook, but before I did I decided to look up moonbat to make sure It means what I think it means. Turns out it it's an even more perfect word than I even knew. According to Wikipedia it's " a pejorative political epithet referring to progressives or leftists." I thought it just meant loony or out there. I had no idea it specifically refereed to left-wing loonies.
Title: Re: Moonbats
Post by: jaydub on October 24, 2013, 10:42:01 pm
"Wingnut" would be the term for their across-the-aisle counterparts.
Title: Re: Moonbats
Post by: theinevitable on October 24, 2013, 11:54:17 pm
left wing loonies? That's unpossible!