The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on November 14, 2013, 04:24:08 am
-
Which, from what I can gather, is straight up poison. It's nothing at all like actual marijuana. Smoking it is like playing Russian roulette because the side effects can be horrific. I know because I have a nephew who is right now lying in a hospital bed. The prognosis so far is that he has damage to his heart, kidneys, and stomach. He also has "muscle tissue damage." He is unable to breathe on his own and they have him in a heavy sedative state while they run test. He was found in a psychotic state on Monday morning. He was taken to the hospital in restraints. They eased up on his sedation briefly yesterday and he was still out of his mind. They did so again today and the report was more optimistic. He seemed to have his wits about him, but it's hard to tell how much so. He could at least respond to basic questions, but my mother says he has a "glassy eyed look."
I'm very upset right now as you can imagine. Aaarrrgh!!!
Sorry to lay this on you, but my family wants to keep this a family matter for the time being, but I need to talk about it with someone.
-
That's awful, man. Here's hoping for a speedy and complete recovery for your nephew. It befuddles the mind to think that someone would even invent something like that. "Hey, we have natural water which will hydrate you and not kill you". "But we also created this synthetic water that will desiccate your innards and make you die a slow horrible death. We were bored."
-
I'm reading about it now and... and it's not even marijuana. They just created some shitty chemical concoction, sprinkled it on some herbs and decided to brand it as marijuana. Lab analyses have repeatedly shown that they just throw whatever in there. Jesus Christ, who are these asshole mammalian bipeds??
-
So sorry. Best wishes for your nephew. fuck*ng poisoners.
-
I'm so sorry, Paul.
-
Wow, Paul. Sorry to hear about that. If there's a bright side to the story its that he has a great guy for an uncle who'll be there for him.
-
I'm hoping you get your nephew back.
-
So sorry to hear about your nephew Paul, that's very scary and sad.
There have been a few kids at my work who were likewise affected with triggered psychosis and sever damage to their organs. From what I heard one recovered, and for the other the reaction seems to have permanently switched on a psychotic disorder and some long term problems with walking and such. The problem is (locally anyway) that each concoction is briefly legal because the people manufacturing it use chemicals that are technically legal for external use and label their product incense or bath salts, though of course that's not how they're used, and then a couple sever reactions occur and that particular concoction is seized and banned and a slightly altered version is released. To me it's yet another argument for the legalization of marijuana because I sincerly think if these kids could have had the choice, they'd have chosen the real stuff if it was legal and available for sale at your local head shop.
-
I guess I should follow up on this post. The boy is doing much better. It was touch and go for a couple of days, but he seems to be on the mend. He's going to be released from the hospital tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be any serious long term problems from this. And we are praying that this serves as a wake up call and he puts down the pipe.
-
So once he gets out of the hospital are you going to kick his ass? If someone I cared about pulled this kind of stunt I'd honestly be torn between ass kicking or giving the person the all natural substance just to save everyone a bunch of heart ache.
-
Well I'm not a violent person and I don't think an ass kicking would change anything. Aside from that he's 22 years old and pretty well built. If I fought him I'd be the one getting his ass kicked.
-
Glad to hear he's recovering. Sounds like life has kicked his ass pretty hard all on it's own, the question is, will he learn from it?
-
the question is, will he learn from it?
That indeed is the question.
-
Kevin just wrote on Facebook "I thank god for every breath he gives me i have gotten what most people never get a chance to start over." So that's encouraging.
-
Hooray for progress!
-
I'm sorry this happened Paul, hope everything works out as well as possible!
-
Thanks y'all. Was hoping to see him yesterday, but he went with his mother's family.