The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on January 19, 2004, 01:32:17 pm

Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: CortJstr on January 19, 2004, 01:32:17 pm
This blows away all ideas we had for the two Roombas. Later they can play Flash Gordon.
Title: Dude
Post by: The Wonderous Me on January 19, 2004, 02:02:16 pm
hey, they could also do a little 2 dimensional rendition of TRON with the frisbee disk thingies
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: slink on January 19, 2004, 03:29:17 pm
I don't know what to say.
Of all things I expected, this was not one of them.
Wow.
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: palm trees on January 19, 2004, 04:16:24 pm
beef in the last panel actually made me go :D

also this here icon guy has to be one of the coolest little guys i've seen. o mean, look at his little face.  :D
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: jough on January 19, 2004, 04:27:00 pm
Yes, I chose that :) :D because I thought he was cute.

This is one of my favourites too:  :smooch:

Onstad has found the greatest possible use of a Roomba to cats and stuffed animals, although I must now admit to having a Roomba here*, and the cats are scared to death of it and all things vacuumesque.









* I don't really have a Roomba.
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: CortJstr on January 19, 2004, 05:47:35 pm
Here's my idea for a new sport:

* Soup up some roombas Tim Allen style

* Get one of those wire mesh motorcyle death-spheres

* Stick two people in there on said roombas with those giant Q-Tip jousting sticks

That would beat the hell out of Slamball any day of the week.
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: arlucasinc on January 19, 2004, 06:21:46 pm
I could not believe it when I read today's strip. Where the hell does he come up with this stuff? I mean, it's just pure AWESOME. I love Beef's blank expression as he backs up the Roomba™.

I hate to say this but ever since Onstad kicked us all out, the strip has been pretty darn good. Minus the whole Achewood Variety Hour, of course.
Title: Re: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: ferocious j on January 19, 2004, 08:19:21 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
This blows away all ideas we had for the two Roombas.

Agreed; I don't think anybody could have foreseen this.
Title: Re: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: CortJstr on January 19, 2004, 09:32:07 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
This blows away all ideas we had for the two Roombas.

Agreed; I don't think anybody could have foreseen this.


Jesus?
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: St_Zartan on January 19, 2004, 09:48:12 pm
Doesn't Téodor look quite the saucy lad with that cape and that facial expression? Of course, now I'm pretty sure Roast Beef was in on the low shenanigan from the word Go -

I like the fact that Roast Beef felt the need to get all dressed up in a shirt and tie to play Luke Skywalker. And that Nooooo there at the end is priceless.
Title: Re: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: Gimpson on January 19, 2004, 10:13:16 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"
Agreed; I don't think anybody could have foreseen this.


Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: jough on January 19, 2004, 10:56:24 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Doesn't Téodor look quite the saucy lad with that cape and that facial expression? Of course, now I'm pretty sure Roast Beef was in on the low shenanigan from the word Go


Beef was in HELL at the time.

Pay attention.
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: St_Zartan on January 19, 2004, 11:18:42 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Beef was in HELL at the time.


Roast Beef and Ray flushed themselves out of Hell (dear God, am I really even typing this) on January 6; Téodor cooked up the Yahoo! Personals ad for Ray on January 8. I can't imagine that the prank would have been as funny if Ray were still, you know, dead; Téodor wouldn't have been able to call him up and say, yeah, saw you on Yahoo! Personals and frankly, it sounds a bit like you're bragging.

Roast Beef could have, in one of his patented Angry Moments, even come up with the idea, seeing as he suicided and went to Hell to be with his best friend only to find the latter as hungover dead weight.

All killin myself on his account
All draggin him out into the passenger's seat of the Brat
All having to buy him dinner at Friendly's
Denise looking at me all funny cause I'm in the restroom with another guy talking about his pepper
Man fuck Ray sometimes
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: V-Adore on January 20, 2004, 12:03:21 am
This is just beautiful. I love Teodor's facial expression -- although I'm a little regretful that Teodor didn't make some kind of attempt at a Vader face mask.
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: pmcd9 on January 20, 2004, 02:38:15 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "jough"
Beef was in HELL at the time.


Roast Beef and Ray flushed themselves out of Hell (dear God, am I really even typing this) on January 6; Téodor cooked up the Yahoo! Personals ad for Ray on January 8. I can't imagine that the prank would have been as funny if Ray were still, you know, dead; Téodor wouldn't have been able to call him up and say, yeah, saw you on Yahoo! Personals and frankly, it sounds a bit like you're bragging.

Roast Beef could have, in one of his patented Angry Moments, even come up with the idea, seeing as he suicided and went to Hell to be with his best friend only to find the latter as hungover dead weight.

All killin myself on his account
All draggin him out into the passenger's seat of the Brat
All having to buy him dinner at Friendly's
Denise looking at me all funny cause I'm in the restroom with another guy talking about his pepper
Man fuck Ray sometimes


Bless you St. Zartan.

~Paul
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: CortJstr on January 20, 2004, 03:03:10 am
Beef moves his foot to turn his roomba on, which just happens to be facing the proper direction. This is great.
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: AugustWest on January 20, 2004, 04:49:44 am
WOW!  This strip is a wonderful exception to the eyebrow rule.  

Today, it's all about the EYELIDS!
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: starlight on January 20, 2004, 06:12:16 am
Really, the best is the Vroooo at the same moment as the Nooooo ..hee.

My mom (yes, another mom bit) read the strip first today (I wasn't up long enough to catch it before bed) and she didn't even get the bottom panel ..obviously she hasn't been paying attention :D

This is just zee greatest!

I agree the strips have been spectacular lately.
Title: All charged up and ready to go, Jan 19, 04
Post by: miles on January 20, 2004, 08:47:23 am
When I loaded the page, at first glance I thought the bottom panels were action figures.  They still look like they are to me.  Hint, hint?

That would be so cool.