The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on December 01, 2013, 03:57:32 am

Title: Paul Walker is Dead
Post by: pmcd9 on December 01, 2013, 03:57:32 am
I've never heard of him, but my Facebook timeline is blowing up with the news.
Title: Re: Paul Walker is Dead
Post by: ianmalcolm2 on December 01, 2013, 05:21:23 am
It's always weird when I'm inclined to read up on the details of somebody's life just because they don't exist anymore. It's like, just slightly worse than a net-zero activity
Title: Re: Paul Walker is Dead
Post by: Choop on December 01, 2013, 05:56:54 am
as far as i can tell, there's a hoax here somewhere. i can't tell if the death is a hoax or that the death might be a hoax is itself a hoax. regardless, i hope he isn't dead, and if he is, what a damn bummer.
Title: Re: Paul Walker is Dead
Post by: wombat on December 01, 2013, 03:19:49 pm
It's always weird when I'm inclined to read up on the details of somebody's life just because they don't exist anymore. It's like, just slightly worse than a net-zero activity

Apparently he was into ocean conservation, so there were about nine million posts in my Twitter feed about him. I'd never heard of him before that. There is something peculiarly depressing about finding out that someone existed only because they just died.
Title: Re: Paul Walker is Dead
Post by: ianmalcolm2 on December 01, 2013, 10:54:37 pm
I guess it's a hoax after all (http://www.examiner.com/article/is-paul-walker-dead-tmz-part-of-fast-and-furious-death-hoax?fb_action_ids=10100911603112155&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B416502738475217%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D).

So I guess I learned about a person because I thought they had died, and now since they haven't, I just know about one more person. Hm.
Title: Re: Paul Walker is Dead
Post by: pmcd9 on December 01, 2013, 11:01:47 pm
I guess it's a hoax after all (http://www.examiner.com/article/is-paul-walker-dead-tmz-part-of-fast-and-furious-death-hoax?fb_action_ids=10100911603112155&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B416502738475217%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D).

No, it's true (http://www.examiner.com/article/paul-walker-death-hoax-turns-into-tragic-reality-confirmed?cid=taboola_inbound). This is confirmed by credible sources too.