The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on December 06, 2013, 02:46:17 pm

Title: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 06, 2013, 02:46:17 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12062013

Well I did not see THAT coming.

Also, I had to read the "Sherlock picker" panel like three times before I could make any sense of it.
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: theinevitable on December 06, 2013, 02:58:30 pm
Some people I know do this regularly, and it really is like this. "Oh, that guy with the neck tattoo of a dove is here. I'll give him any cool books I find and he'll look out for vintage dishware for me."
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: AugustWest on December 06, 2013, 03:04:04 pm
P..Penny?
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: dejavroom on December 06, 2013, 04:08:02 pm
Obviously a lesbian. Tough titty, Téodor.
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: jay-ell on December 06, 2013, 05:13:24 pm
Wow. Just...


....wow.
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: wombat on December 06, 2013, 05:34:46 pm
I guess times have been even tougher for Onstad than I imagined.
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: ianmalcolm2 on December 06, 2013, 05:40:00 pm
I know it's against policy to be 'hopeful,' but if once a week remains the man's update schedule, long-forms like this are probably the most generous way to go about it.


In any case, though, times can't be too tough for a 'Stad who specifies "IPA." The ol' Natty Lite cloth is the true prole's way to roll. Onions, as well, are too bourgeois.

Also, the only reference to thrifting in Onstad's recent pre-this output was that Euro-trippin' article in fancy-nance quarterly, where he mentioned picking up a second-hand tweed jacket. I think we have here a man who has not been driven to the brink.

Good strip though.
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: pmcd9 on December 06, 2013, 06:18:26 pm
Oh no another unfinished thread. Oh wait, I think I get it. Teodor is still in the back of Nice Pete's van only now he is hallucinating about a long lost lover.
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: Doc on December 06, 2013, 11:33:49 pm
Wasn't [REDACTED] a human?
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 07, 2013, 12:32:16 am
Man, do they have these places by you all?  Like, I know goodwills are everywhere, but we just got a goodwill outlet store.  All buying christmas lights and globes and clothes by the pound.  This was maybe the most depressing place I have ever been, not really people wise, but just that it kind of exists?  Like, I love thrift stores, but just imagine everything no one wants at your local thrift store, add like 50 different stores left overs and put them in a huge ass bin. 

I bought an old globe (USSR represent!) and christmas lights, if you couldn't tell.
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: theinevitable on December 07, 2013, 01:30:21 am
I go there sometimes and find cool books. I got decorations for my wall (http://instagram.com/p/eSfP6itisy/) there, I found Persepolis there for like 10 cents, I found a big vintage wool sweater that I gave my sister there. Hmm. My friends who do art stuff go there to buy old magazines in bulk. But yeah, it is a kind of depressing space. The people swarming around the new carts as they come out are kind of scary.
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: pmcd9 on December 07, 2013, 02:01:31 am
Jesus Christ! Some guy's crappin' out a land salmon in there!
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on December 07, 2013, 07:01:21 am
Oh no another unfinished thread. Oh wait, I think I get it. Teodor is still in the back of Nice Pete's van only now he is hallucinating about a long lost lover.

FUN FACT: The entire strip has been Philippe's dream ever since he realised that he gave the petunia diabetes and it died that winter.
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: sensate on December 07, 2013, 10:07:20 pm
Did T give her that necklace?

Glad to see Onstad's back to form. "...rollin in like microwave burger day at the no-wishes-left clinic" is Beef, no more, no less.
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 09, 2013, 02:00:10 pm
Wasn't [REDACTED] a human?

There's definitely this, in which T says he's "not exactly a HUMAN man," which would make one think he's courting a human woman.
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12192001
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: jay-ell on December 16, 2013, 05:07:22 pm
Maybe she didn't show because she assumed he was human, too...a tragic case of mistaken identity, two Montagues, both dressed as Capulets. (Yes, I know that would make them cousins. Go with it.)
Title: Re: Actually, I have two! (December 6, 2013)
Post by: jaydub on December 17, 2013, 07:00:12 pm
Hot