The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jsv on December 20, 2013, 11:45:47 am

Title: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: jsv on December 20, 2013, 11:45:47 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12202013 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12202013)

Here ya go chumps

Also, was charts also one of Charles Mingus's cats?
Title: Re: January 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: ianmalcolm2 on December 20, 2013, 01:00:38 pm
Aww this is nice. And Penny's getting a voice of her own, too. It's just a shame her character is drawn so weirdly.

Also, maybe I'm just a stupid person, but did anybody else have trouble with 'mat-ching'? Here I was, googling all this new age chi shit before I sobered up and realized that line-end hyphenation was a thing.
Title: Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: AugustWest on December 20, 2013, 01:22:13 pm
Here in the states it's still December.
Title: Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: dejavroom on December 20, 2013, 01:39:40 pm
I'm an old soggy fart getting eye mist because of 2 badly drawn bears hugging. Now, now, Deja. Emotions.
Title: Re: Septanuary 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: ianmalcolm2 on December 20, 2013, 01:40:25 pm
Fuck man, I drank myself back in time last night!
Title: Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: dejavroom on December 20, 2013, 01:43:54 pm
"HI, I'M ELDER BOBBY! DO YOU WANT TO HEAR GOD'S GOOD NEWS?"

Too close. Too fuck*ng close > <
Title: Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: jay-ell on December 20, 2013, 02:37:44 pm
This. This was nice.

Poignant.
Title: Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: wombat on December 20, 2013, 06:27:22 pm
Apparently I am the only one who was totally weirded out by this. What the hell kind of person hugs a stranger in a Goodwill?
Title: Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: theinevitable on December 20, 2013, 06:52:40 pm
yeah, and for so long. Why would it be weird to shake her hand? I shake peoples' hands on first dates if I haven't met them in person. They ALWAYS love it.

Yesterday a girl I have been on a few dates with came in when I was at work, and my coworker basically said that I am punching way above my weight, and I must have some secret charm weapons.
(I'm going to take the compliment, but also this coworker is not interested in scrawny white guys so I'm going to also say that I am HANDSOME.)
Title: Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 20, 2013, 08:08:50 pm
Apparently I am the only one who was totally weirded out by this. What the hell kind of person hugs a stranger in a Goodwill?

But they're not strangers! They're long lost soooooooooooulmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates.
Title: Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: pmcd9 on December 20, 2013, 09:05:21 pm
Here in the states it's still December.

JSV must be in Australia (http://raysmuckles.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html).
Title: Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: colmore on December 21, 2013, 07:28:36 am
schli·ma·zel also shli·ma·zel  (shl-mäzl)
n. Slang
An extremely unlucky or inept person; a habitual failure.
Yiddish shlimazl

-copied and pasted from the first thing google came up with.

Hmmm... I feel like that word is going to come back around on me in the old internal monologue.
Title: Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: pmcd9 on December 21, 2013, 03:03:10 pm
schli·ma·zel also shli·ma·zel  (shl-mäzl)
n. Slang
An extremely unlucky or inept person; a habitual failure.
Yiddish shlimazl


Anyone who grew up in the 70s knows that word (http://youtu.be/mRmKzxhMzwo).
Title: Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 21, 2013, 03:16:14 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLsukIsrcMI This video should clear things up.
Title: Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: colmore on December 21, 2013, 03:22:35 pm
Yiddish : Everyday Foibles :: Eskimo : Snow
Title: Re: December 20, 2013 Now that's pickin'
Post by: theinevitable on December 21, 2013, 10:18:33 pm
Schlemiel and schlemazel is my favorite pair of words. I am a schlemiel unfortunately. And I live with a schlemazel. Lots of funny events where he drops something, I trip over it and recover but unbalance a shelf which falls on his precious childhood drum. Like Rube Goldberg level clumsiness events.