The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 20, 2004, 05:25:31 am

Title: Head West for a great mixdisc
Post by: pmcd9 on January 20, 2004, 05:25:31 am
Wow, Hippie freak out jams, Southern Fried Rock and Roll, Jazz and Western Swing all on one disc.  It sounds funny on paper, but it sounds great in my walkman.  The old school record popping was a little bit distracting at first, but then it became quaint and reminded me of all those years I've spent listening to scratchy records.  It was comforting.  Thanks August for the great jam.

~Paul
Title: Head West for a great mixdisc
Post by: jough on January 20, 2004, 06:03:18 am
I guess I didn't "rate" to get one of these either. :/
Title: Head West for a great mixdisc
Post by: V-Adore on January 20, 2004, 06:10:13 am
I really should just get a mixdisc together to get one of these "trade-only" jobbies. Sigh.
Title: Head West for a great mixdisc
Post by: starlight on January 20, 2004, 06:14:05 am
I didn't get any mixes yet... sounds like some good ones are going around :\

I did send out the ones who wanted one of mine last week (I think Thursday or Friday), so they should get there at some point :D
Title: Head West for a great mixdisc
Post by: AugustWest on January 20, 2004, 05:37:46 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I guess I didn't "rate" to get one of these either. :/


Yours was mailed the same time Paul's was.  Quit whining!
Title: Head West for a great mixdisc
Post by: Limmo on January 20, 2004, 05:49:57 pm
Got mine on Friday.   As Paul said, the scratches only added to the experience.  Great mix.
Title: Head West for a great mixdisc
Post by: jough on January 20, 2004, 07:20:19 pm
Just got mine today.

I will look forward to listening to it later.

Could you either PM me with a playlist or post it here, though, August?

-- J.
Title: Head West for a great mixdisc
Post by: Limmo on January 20, 2004, 07:40:15 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Could you either PM me with a playlist or post it here, though, August?

-- J.


Post it here!!
Title: Head West for a great mixdisc
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 20, 2004, 07:44:26 pm
Hell, start a thread and post ALL the playlists therein. Those of us not capable for whatever reason of mixing could stand to learn from you all.

I may even throw together a White Guy in the Land of Evil Tiki's mix myself, if a) motivated enough and b) I find the music I need and buy it again.
Title: Head West for a great mixdisc
Post by: AugustWest on January 20, 2004, 08:05:54 pm
Here you go:

1. Peaches en Regalia -- Frank Zappa -- Hot Rats
2. Baby Lemonade -- Syd Barrett -- Barrett
3. Thela Hun Ginjeet -- King Crimson -- Discipline
4. Dixie Chicken -- Little Feat -- Dixie Chicken
5. Well You Needn't -- Theolonious Monk -- Not sure
6. Choo Choo Ch-Boogie -- Asleep at the Wheel -- Swing Time
7. Rock 'n Roll -- Ethel Merman -- Never Mind the Bollocks, It's Ethel Merman!
8. Bliss -- Emil Richards and the Microtonal Blues Band -- Journey to Bliss
9. Rats -- Syd Barrett -- Barrett
10. The First Cut is the Deepest -- Rod Stewart -- A Night on the Town
11. All the Things You C Sharp -- Charles Mingus -- Mingus at the Bohemia
12. House of Blue Lights -- Asleep at the Wheel -- Swing Time
13. Indiscipline -- King Crimson -- Discipline
14. The Disguise -- Ornette Coleman -- Something Else...
15. From the Back of A Buick 6 -- Bob Dylan -- Highway 61 Revisited
16. Sleep Dirt -- Frank Zappa -- Sleep Dirt
17. Effervescing Elephant -- Syd Barrett -- Barrett
Title: Head West for a great mixdisc
Post by: pmcd9 on January 27, 2004, 03:31:59 am
Man the King Crimson really brings back the memories.  That Discipline album got lots of spins in my stoner friends bedroom were all the losers (we thought we were cool) congregated to smoke mandrax and hash.  I haven't heard that song in 20 years.

~Paul
Title: Head West for a great mixdisc
Post by: jough on January 27, 2004, 06:37:16 am
August, this mix is awesome.  It's good treadmill music, too, which is important for me right now as I don't really enjoy walking, so every bit of good music helps.  Over the next week I will be putting all of your mixes into OVERDRIVE.