The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jsv on January 03, 2014, 01:30:26 pm

Title: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: jsv on January 03, 2014, 01:30:26 pm
Damn it feels good waking up in Eastern Europe Australia, every single fuck*ng day of the year.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01032014 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01032014)
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: wombat on January 03, 2014, 01:49:36 pm
OK, I'm gonna be honest here, this story line.. I was wishing so hard for new strips and now I'm thinking "Be careful what you wish for..."
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: jsv on January 03, 2014, 02:46:24 pm
"Be careful what you wish for..."

This happens to be a song by a band I quite enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Vt43hHQw0 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Vt43hHQw0)
I swear it's not an Eastern Europe's Australia's Most Tortured Animal Home Video of a squirrel's head exploding
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: jsv on January 03, 2014, 03:02:21 pm
Also, are the Honda Criollo and that Polly's drinking Lancers indicative of her socioeconomic stratum?
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: Choop on January 03, 2014, 03:14:31 pm
the correct title is obviously "one of those soft-focus Russ Meyer steam-baths"

achewood no longer feels like a momentary diversion yada yada; it has become a confessional and the audience onstad's priest. he's using his primary surrogate to explore his own past (naturally) and i hope it neither bogs nor relapses into silence.

the car looks like a mid- to late-80s accord, but i've never heard of any honda called a criollo.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: pmcd9 on January 03, 2014, 03:15:52 pm
So, d'ya think Teodor is going to Teodor this up or is he going to make it with Penny?
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: pmcd9 on January 03, 2014, 03:17:01 pm
achewood no longer feels like a momentary diversion yada yada; it has become a confessional and the audience onstad's priest. he's using his primary surrogate to explore his own past (naturally) and i hope it neither bogs nor relapses into silence.

So is Penny OnStar's first wife?
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: dejavroom on January 03, 2014, 03:21:11 pm
Téodor is not much of a together dude, is he? But who knows. If everything else fails, mexican magic realism!
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: ianmalcolm2 on January 03, 2014, 03:36:51 pm
Remember that really awful 'culinary tour' thing  (http://www.saveur.com/article/Travels/Bohemians-in-Benelux-Onstad) that Onstad did for Saveur a couple months ago? Remember how it was riddled with laboured references to the new post-divorce romantic interest he brought along for the ride?

I'm cold not likin' these new strips. It's like I've grown up and moved away after college, and I go to the grocery store in my new city and see the guy who used to be the life of the party, the one who would chug two Leffes at the same time while doing imitations. And I know he's not doing well because he's looking at his feet and telling me really frantic jokes where the punchline is always 'I have a new girlfriend'.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: wombat on January 03, 2014, 03:41:33 pm
It's possible that I agree with you, but I am still in a state of denial about it. You know, my role here has always been the hopeful one.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: ianmalcolm2 on January 03, 2014, 04:04:36 pm
We need more hopeful ones. If only because "I'm the one who goes on the computer and rips on the work of the guy who makes the thing I used to like while giving nothing of lasting interest back to the world of entertainment" sounds suspiciously like "I'm the dude who sucks."
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: dejavroom on January 03, 2014, 04:55:14 pm
Now I'm all pumped up to see Scrambles making its comeback (he was so polite), but of course yes.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: Choop on January 03, 2014, 04:56:39 pm
ASH HIS NAME IS SCRAMBLES AND HE IS LOST HOW SOON YOU FORG- oh right that strip is twelve years old (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02012002)
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 03, 2014, 04:59:32 pm
I liked this arc at first, but now I'm afraid Penny is going to turn into a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, and Teodor is going to be such a sad sack as to make us wonder what the hell she sees in him. Honestly, I'd like to see the dude just be himself and get along with someone without it being excessively weird.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: colmore on January 04, 2014, 02:05:08 am
So is that the conclusion, that O is airing his problems to the audience-shrink?  Did he go to rehab for 2 years?

"The baby calls a new man father now."
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: ianmalcolm2 on January 04, 2014, 02:41:00 am
wasn't beef at the goodwill, too?
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 04, 2014, 06:04:25 am
Portrait Of The Artist As A Broken Man is a way to go, I guess.

Certainly better to paint that picture after having done Something Awesome like the first few years of Achewood and not...

You know, after having done absolutely nothing that would make the portrait have some significance.

Like, uh.

Like this guy I shave every morning.

I mean, afternoon.

Etc.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: Choop on January 04, 2014, 06:42:36 am
oh i think the actual reasons for his divorce won't surface in the strip, i just think that like anybody expressive, it's going to come out in some kind of conversation. he might have cheated on her, and this might be his way of reconciling what happened from the outside after experiencing it from the inside. or you know he's just being creative and interpreting something timeless in the current timeframe, what do i know
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: wombat on January 04, 2014, 01:39:43 pm
"The baby calls a new man father now."

That is the saddest thing.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 04, 2014, 03:24:42 pm
That is the saddest thing.

its not sad if the original guy known as father wasnt worth the title.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: colmore on January 04, 2014, 06:05:42 pm
It's not surprising though, Teodor, Ray, and Beef have always been an ego, id, and superego.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: wombat on January 05, 2014, 03:06:02 am
its not sad if the original guy known as father wasnt worth the title.

That might be even sadder.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: Limmo on January 20, 2014, 10:57:40 pm
I'm fine with this storyline, as long as it doesn't become The Sorry Saga of Beef and Molly Part Two.

Also: SCRAMBLES IS STILL LOST!  ( And, twelve years later, probably dead. )
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: pmcd9 on January 21, 2014, 04:15:18 am
Yeah, me too.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: Limmo on January 24, 2014, 07:07:40 pm
i must be a'spoiled by Facebook because I wanted to "like" both of your posts.

guess i'll have to do it manually: I like both of your posts!
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: pmcd9 on January 24, 2014, 08:01:00 pm
Here we give out tiny cans.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: AKKOLADE on July 19, 2015, 09:39:13 pm
There is no post here.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: AugustWest on July 20, 2015, 02:08:59 am
Ceci n'est pas une post.
Title: Re: January 3, 2014 "LOST SCRAMBLES"
Post by: jaydub on July 20, 2015, 04:57:39 pm
нет сообщение здесь