The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on January 04, 2014, 04:47:14 pm

Title: All I Have to Do is Dream
Post by: pmcd9 on January 04, 2014, 04:47:14 pm
Phil Everly is Dead (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/05/arts/music/phil-everly-half-of-pioneer-rock-duo-dies-at-74.html?_r=0)

He was one half of the greatest singing duo in the history of recorded music. Those Kentucky boys sure can sing (http://youtu.be/4d1ig-dYuLk).
Title: Re: All I Have to Do is Dream
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on January 04, 2014, 05:24:48 pm
Very sad. A lot of people aren't aware that the Everlys recorded some pretty out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b20qyTSSWwk) there (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w70F7N_Wd5g) songs in the 60s.
Title: Re: All I Have to Do is Dream
Post by: theinevitable on January 04, 2014, 08:46:50 pm
I have not delved very deep into the Everly catalog, but When Will I Be Loved and Bye Bye Love are two of the most perfect, beautiful pop songs I have ever heard. Those voices!
Title: Re: All I Have to Do is Dream
Post by: pmcd9 on January 08, 2014, 03:24:46 pm
Quote from: Paul McCartney
Phil Everly was one of my great heroes. With his brother Don, they were one of the major influences on The Beatles. When John and I first started to write songs, I was Phil and he was Don.

Years later when I finally met Phil, I was completely starstruck and at the same time extremely impressed by his humility and gentleness of soul.

I will always love him for giving me some of the sweetest musical memories of my life.