The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: slink on January 20, 2004, 01:09:01 pm

Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: slink on January 20, 2004, 01:09:01 pm
Oh, please, can we just have a couple of weeks of seminal moments from cinema involving Roombas? I'm loving it.
It's the look of pure nonchalance on Teodor's face and the extended vroooooooom as he slidles across towards Beef.
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: arlucasinc on January 20, 2004, 01:25:26 pm
Seriously. For a second yesterday, I thought Teodor was just disinterested, but it's obvious that he's just so GODDAMNED dramatic!

Teodor is putting on display a heretofore unseen depth of character. Fantastic.

I don't think Beef realized what he was getting into.
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: CortJstr on January 20, 2004, 01:49:38 pm
Beef's final expression is perfect.

But either Teodor's roomba is going backwards today or Beef's was yesterday. I didn't know they could do that.
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: slink on January 20, 2004, 02:48:22 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Beef's final expression is perfect.

But either Teodor's roomba is going backwards today or Beef's was yesterday. I didn't know they could do that.


I wondered about that yesterday, but deduced that the black edge was the front, and thus Beef was stood on his backwards. But indeed, today's would thus be wrong.
And so I can't make fun of you for paying attention to it, since I did yesterday.
Damn.
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: jough on January 20, 2004, 03:31:21 pm
So is Onstad just trying to get some free Roombas™ or what?
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: Pedro Picasso on January 20, 2004, 04:33:17 pm
Quote from: "jough"
So is Onstad just trying to get some free Roombas™ or what?


Yes, Onstad has a circular room containing no furniture, and so can put good use to these otherwise hideously overpriced and maddeningly feckless devices.

Okay, I'm bitter.  My roomba built itself a mate from my Mindstorms and they ran away together.
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: jough on January 20, 2004, 04:55:25 pm
Has it been noted yet that Beef is wearing a shirt and tie but no pantaloons?
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: CortJstr on January 20, 2004, 05:30:30 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
For some reason the path of cleanliness Teodors Roomba left behind him as he zoomed in for his line only made this better for me.


::shudder::
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: pmcd9 on January 20, 2004, 05:53:55 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
Tom Cruise film vehicles.


Now that's a pun (and a damn good one).

~Paul
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: V-Adore on January 20, 2004, 09:49:35 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Has it been noted yet that Beef is wearing a shirt and tie but no pantaloons?

No. But has Beef ever worn #####? Ever?

Anyway, I have to agree: I could take massive quantities more of this sort of thing. It's just... so... perfect. However, I would humbly require Philippe's presence.

He could stand on it.
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: wombat on January 20, 2004, 10:56:22 pm
So now whenever we see Beef sitting at his computer in his shirt and tie we will have to think about the fact that he is not wearing any bottoms.

Somehow this is disturbing despite the fact that he is a cat and in half the pictures he's wearing nothing at all.
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: andalucia on January 21, 2004, 12:20:27 am
Oh, the troublesome issues raised by anthropomorphism...
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: AlohaDawg on January 21, 2004, 12:34:31 am
I've been living those issues forever. It's time some do-gooder lefty took up our cause.
Title: what the hell people
Post by: yahnai on January 21, 2004, 08:59:39 am
this is some boring shit.  jesus, quit fawning.
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 21, 2004, 02:27:49 pm
Oh boy, a troll!  I've missed those... NOT.
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: revdj on January 21, 2004, 03:16:46 pm
I think what I like best is that the strip is playful again.
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: V-Adore on January 21, 2004, 06:29:32 pm
Quote from: "revdj"
I think what I like best is that the strip is playful again.

This is an excellent point. Abruptly Onstad appears to be having fun, which is pleasant to see and tends to get lost in the long plotty bits.
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: CortJstr on January 21, 2004, 11:11:53 pm
Which isn't to say that long plotty bits aren't nice now and then.
Title: I want the truth... 20/01
Post by: V-Adore on January 21, 2004, 11:27:29 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Which isn't to say that long plotty bits aren't nice now and then.

Oh, definitely. I refuse to speak against plotty bits; they too are good and satisfying. All things in moderation, dig?