The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: theinevitable on January 19, 2014, 05:52:24 pm

Title: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: theinevitable on January 19, 2014, 05:52:24 pm
Could Wombat imagine a birthday cupcake so large that even she herself could not eat it?

Why did she create so many figments who want to make fun of her favorite rock star?

Is this plot going anywhere or are we all doomed to live forever as character studies?

Happy birthday! Please don't get bored of us anytime soon. I like the story so far, who cares what the publishers say.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: Choop on January 19, 2014, 06:01:22 pm
(http://24.media.tumblr.com/18f0e255a84c4d28c603cf43c1308824/tumblr_msbilzRxZ21sub2r7o1_400.gif)
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: jaydub on January 19, 2014, 06:38:25 pm
Happy Birthday, Wombles!
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: wombat on January 19, 2014, 07:12:23 pm
I don't remember who gave Inev the birthday thread job, but whoever it was made a fabulous hire.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: pmcd9 on January 19, 2014, 07:14:13 pm
In Conversation with a Pug (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmcd9/12035984694/in/set-72157630762929848/)

I don't remember who gave Inev the birthday thread job, but whoever it was made a fabulous hire.

I think it was me, but I don't remember how that came about.

Happy birthday Wombat!!!
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: wombat on January 19, 2014, 07:44:42 pm
I never saw that photo before. It makes my backyard look magical.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: theinevitable on January 19, 2014, 08:41:43 pm
I am glad you like the threads. Every time I kind of think "oh no I really bombed this time."

For your entertainment: there is a beautiful woman with a sweet smile who is always very friendly at work, with a little twinkle in the corner of her eye. Eventually she stopped coming in so frequently, but I saw her at a concert the other day. I was standing nearby and trying to work myself up to say something, and then I tried to lean over and say hi to another friend. And. I tripped and ended up with my face in the cute customer's hair.
In the movie this would have been "cute" but in reality I kind of stammered some gibberish and then avoided her for the rest of the night.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: pmcd9 on January 19, 2014, 08:43:19 pm
I never saw that photo before. It makes my backyard look magical.

I only posted it just now, for your birthday.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: wombat on January 19, 2014, 10:10:10 pm
ah! well thank you.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: wombat on January 19, 2014, 10:13:19 pm
Inev I can't decide whether I'm going to be sorry when you leave that job and don't tell stories about your customers anymore, or whether it will be even better in grad school.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: jaydub on January 20, 2014, 04:43:56 am
I tink Inev's stories will only get more fun.
Seconded.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: miles on January 20, 2014, 05:52:36 am
Happy birthday Wombat!
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: greenkoolayd on January 20, 2014, 07:00:24 am
what was your special birthday treat or meal?
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: Doc on January 20, 2014, 07:35:31 am
Wombat has the kind of the backyard I wanted as a child.

Happy birthday oh noble progenitor.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: AugustWest on January 20, 2014, 01:28:50 pm
Happy day after your birthday!  Hope it was lovely.

Whoops.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: wombat on January 20, 2014, 01:53:46 pm
Really my backyard does not look like that in real life. Paul brought the magic.

what was your special birthday treat or meal?

Ha ha you say that in the singular... I have a very old friend whose birthday is the day after mine. She came to visit from New York. On Friday night we had dinner at a tapas place that she says is better than any in NYC. On Saturday morning we had dim sum. For Saturday dinner we had Ethiopian. Some where in there we had scones and the better part of a dozen cupcakes. Sunday morning we had bagels she brought from NY and then she left, thank god, or I probably would have exploded.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: pmcd9 on January 20, 2014, 05:14:30 pm
Really my backyard does not look like that in real life. Paul brought the magic.

What, no? I didn't do anything except for brighten it up a bit. I guess I did crop out the barbecue pit because I thought it looked more parklike without that in the picture. I may have saturated the colors slightly.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: wombat on January 20, 2014, 06:40:23 pm
Maybe you brought the magic in person, then.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: pmcd9 on January 20, 2014, 06:49:19 pm
Maybe you brought the magic in person, then.

Hey, this is YOUR birthday thread. You brought the magic. Now go have a post birthday cupcake. It's kinda like hair of the dog.
Title: Re: "One Cupcake Over the Line"
Post by: Doc on January 21, 2014, 09:16:33 am
Paul has a tattoo on his left buttock.
"Hencho en Mexico"