The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Asherdan on January 24, 2014, 02:08:48 pm

Title: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: Asherdan on January 24, 2014, 02:08:48 pm
Gee willikers! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01242014)

(http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k5m636Zb--/m5dvkzj95cd6xl0k4nnx.gif)
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: MattFish on January 24, 2014, 02:12:46 pm
My title would've been "eight tablespoons of garam masala" but the question on everyone's lips is what the fuck is Bakugan poo.

Hello, folks!
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: Choop on January 24, 2014, 02:23:11 pm
it was a real show (http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/gordon-elliotts-door-knock-dinners.html) back in the early days of the food network. it wasn't great.

teodor skipped step one: put on a shirt. the russ meyer humiliation should have ended with his exit from the water
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: jsv on January 24, 2014, 03:07:55 pm
My title would've been "eight tablespoons of garam masala" but the question on everyone's lips is what the fuck is Bakugan poo.

Hello, folks!

"Bakugan" refers to a waste product of the anime industry, or, depending how gullible you are, a nomadic group of people in West Mongolia.
Bakugan poo, by extension, is the characteristic faecal matter produced by children who have been taking in shit on tv because some shitty shithead somewhere figured out the best way to make shittons of money is to keep inventing more shitty pokemon and marketing shitty merchandise to kids. Or, if you're gullible, you know, it's hossshit.
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 24, 2014, 03:26:21 pm
Manic pixie dream girl alert.

Though, I sort of have mixed feelings about that. I'm happy to see something work out nicely for T for once.
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: AugustWest on January 24, 2014, 03:37:27 pm

I'm happy to see something work out nicely for T for once.

Don't count your chickens.
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on January 24, 2014, 03:55:13 pm
True, plenty of time for this to completely blow up on him.
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: nephilim8 on January 24, 2014, 04:24:14 pm
In this sequence the dude bear finds out that the lady bear he had a brief fling with is actually a down chick.

OH I had a depressing thought, what if Polly was Penny's stage name, and after her relationship with Cornelius she was so empty she was reduced to shopping at Goodwill.
I am basing this entirely on the fact that Polly never met Philippe.

Further not-depressing, but still weird, what if Polly and Penny are sisters.

OOOOOOHHHHHH SSSHHIIIIITTTTTTTT
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: ianmalcolm2 on January 24, 2014, 05:16:43 pm
wut if ahcewood was acshully ALL A DRAEM
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: CortJstr on January 24, 2014, 05:34:00 pm
it was a real show (http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/gordon-elliotts-door-knock-dinners.html) back in the early days of the food network. it wasn't great.

teodor skipped step one: put on a shirt. the russ meyer humiliation should have ended with his exit from the water

I didn't see the episode but I know they did one with 2 of the Iron Chefs as a tie-in with the Morimoto vs. Flay in NY special.
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: wombat on January 24, 2014, 05:56:56 pm
Apparently I am unable to follow the plot in a strip that only updates once a week because I was confused by the implication in the fourth panel that they already knew each other before they ran into each other in... wait, what was it? Goodwill?

Maybe I need to wait till it comes out as a book.
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: colmore on January 24, 2014, 08:22:43 pm
Man, she's like... creating a space for him to impress her.  He's in like sin.

That's the great thing about dating a punk.  They're pretty cool with the fact that life's a mess, and they've figured out a way to make poverty entertaining.
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: ianmalcolm2 on January 24, 2014, 08:39:44 pm
They're pretty cool with the fact that life's a mess, and they've figured out a way to make poverty entertaining.

^ that's a pretty good working definition of a punk
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: oball on January 25, 2014, 02:18:34 am
I was confused by the implication in the fourth panel that they already knew each other before they ran into each other in... wait, what was it? Goodwill?

Uh (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11292001)
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: wombat on January 25, 2014, 01:56:21 pm
2001! talk about tying up plot threads.
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: jaydub on January 25, 2014, 09:53:43 pm
Impressive work, oball.
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: ianmalcolm2 on January 29, 2014, 03:51:08 am
Philippe can publish a weekly newsletter, but has trouble with spaghetti motor skills? Ah well, I sometimes have days like that too, I guess.
Title: Re: 14_01_24 - I only wish!
Post by: pmcd9 on January 29, 2014, 04:09:17 am
Philippe can publish a weekly newsletter, but has trouble with spaghetti motor skills? Ah well, I sometimes have days like that too, I guess.

You're preaching to the choir.